Would you recommend the ASUS GA502DU

jch2405

Hi everyone. I was looking for peoples thoughts on the GA502DU and if you think I should buy it. If there is anything you think is just as good in that price bracket please could you comment below. 

Thanks

James

It's a very solid device if you ask me. Not a business laptop but if you want a portable gaming laptop with a good display, the GA502 is one of the better options

i have the GA502DU. I use it for university and some gaming now and then. The battery life will last you 5-6 hours of straight use through word doc, videos, browsing etc..... Keyboard feels good and so does the construction. The thermals are ok. performance is fine too. You can run anything. just make sure its plugged in so that it can draw in the power it needs when doing really heavy triple A gaming. As you know Linus already did a review of the Zephyrus G. Also the fact that it doesn't have RGB, red and gold accents (cough cough MSI...) and all that crap i consider it a major bonus. You wont look like an idiot carrying it in public. The machine is very sleek. 

BTW one trick i use to keep the laptop cool is to turn on V-Sync whenever possible. Also while you can turn on "performance mode" in the Asus armory crate, i recommend putting on manual and having the fans run at 85%. You'll hit that glorious 120fps while keeping the machines cool. 

Also spring for the 16gb version. if you cant do that then just spend an extra 50(Canadian) for a ram stick and slap it in yourself. probably take you like 10 minutes. if your lazy you can just give it to a shop like Memory Express or something to do it for you for about 70(Canadian) ish. 

the 8gb version will suffer if your playing a game while having a number of chrome tabs open. Kinda on the edge there. 

On 9/12/2019 at 11:55 PM, Wellingtonzed said:

i have the GA502DU. I use it for university and some gaming now and then. The battery life will last you 5-6 hours of straight use through word doc, videos, browsing etc..... Keyboard feels good and so does the construction. The thermals are ok. performance is fine too. You can run anything. just make sure its plugged in so that it can draw in the power it needs when doing really heavy triple A gaming. As you know Linus already did a review of the Zephyrus G. Also the fact that it doesn't have RGB, red and gold accents (cough cough MSI...) and all that crap i consider it a major bonus. You wont look like an idiot carrying it in public. The machine is very sleek. 

BTW one trick i use to keep the laptop cool is to turn on V-Sync whenever possible. Also while you can turn on "performance mode" in the Asus armory crate, i recommend putting on manual and having the fans run at 85%. You'll hit that glorious 120fps while keeping the machines cool. 

Also spring for the 16gb version. if you cant do that then just spend an extra 50(Canadian) for a ram stick and slap it in yourself. probably take you like 10 minutes. if your lazy you can just give it to a shop like Memory Express or something to do it for you for about 70(Canadian) ish. 

the 8gb version will suffer if your playing a game while having a number of chrome tabs open. Kinda on the edge there. 

Right so i think im gonna buy it as i just found it on offer with a discount code for £881 as it definitely looks like the best option for the price range