Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cr1z619

PC turns off at 70c

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I just upgraded my cpu form a ryzen 7 1700 to a 3700x, the 1700 never hit 70c so i'm not 100% sure if its a buggy bios or cpu, I updated to the latest bios I tried an older bios no difference I turned off the Over temp protection, once again no difference, the cpu on the other hand runs great when i manually set the voltages and speeds 4.2ghz across all cores at 1.2v,

My parts

Ryzen 7 3700x

Asrock x370 Professional Gaming

Corsair RMx 650

GTX 1080

Corsair Vengeance pro 16gb 

I have a water cooler temps do not go above 70c unless I use prime 95 and torture test with small FFT's or I set everything on auto the motherboard over volts it even at idle it was getting hot quick on Auto.

I need help. Should I get a new mobo? or wait for an update AMD is supposed to be releasing an udpate due to bad temps and boost clocks etc. any advice will help. idle temps and temps at full load @ 4.2ghz all cores.

if I set things to auto the motherboards supply a ridiculous amount of voltage up to 1.5v when idling and it gets super hot even at idle.

I do not think it PSU related since my Ryzen 7 1700 I had it at 4ghz with 1.425 Volts and actually even hit up to 100 Watts at times, the 3700x rarely goes past 70 watts and also less voltage. I'm either thinking I got a bad cpu or the bios is buggy for these new CPU's

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

thats just the 3700x being the 3700x. 

its a 7nm node CPU with the same number of cores, offcourse its not gonna draw as much as the 1700......

edit: it just turns of when it hits 70*C?

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

thats just the 3700x being the 3700x. 

its a 7nm node CPU with the same number of cores, offcourse its not gonna draw as much as the 1700......

edit: it just turns of when it hits 70*C?

Yes only when it hits 70c literally as soon as it does it shuts down

and I have a 240mm captain 240 RGB ex v2, the temps are fine it's just it shuts down at 70c even with over temperature protection disabled in the bios

only a few months old this isn't a cooling problem since a stock 3700x with a stock cooler runs much hotter. I mean my friends i7 9700k gets up to 92c while gaming..

8 minutes ago, Cr1z619 said:

Yes only when it hits 70c literally as soon as it does it shuts down

and I have a 240mm captain 240 RGB ex v2, the temps are fine it's just it shuts down at 70c even with over temperature protection disabled in the bios

only a few months old this isn't a cooling problem since a stock 3700x with a stock cooler runs much hotter. I mean my friends i7 9700k gets up to 92c while gaming..

probably bugged BIOS then. that shouldnt be happening. 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

probably bugged BIOS then. that shouldnt be happening. 

Yeah that's what i'm thinking i'm on the latest bios, this and the previous one are the only ones that work with ryzen 3000 series i tried both same issue

Anybody know if there is a setting in windows maybe? I disabled it in the bios but it keeps doing it.

I solved the issue, lol by buying an asus x570 tuf wifi good price for the hardware, even got my cpu to 4.4 which i couldn't do on the x370. check it

It did get a bit hot while benchmarking 80c, but 38c idle at 4.4 with 1.3225V and it benchmarked really well. Will do some cinebench.

4.4.jpg