RX 570 HDMI problem

VicMillanT

Hi, I need some help please, I don't know what happened to my RX570, I've been using an HDMI to VGA adapter because I can't afford a new display, been looking for a job for more than a year in this sh*t town where I live, but that's another story. Like I said I've been using an HDMI to VGA adapter since 1 month ago, when I just purchased the gpu (used ofc), it's been working without much problems (I had to turn on the pc with the cable unplugged to the gpu and plug it once in the desktop, but no major hassle than that), but today I was playing some CS:GO and the display just went black with the sound when you unplug and plug a device, and it kept doing that, I tried uninstalling the drivers with DDU, tried the adapter in an old laptop I use in bed and it worked perfectly, but when I plug it to the gpu it just keeps doing that plugin-unplugin thing, what can I do? I can't really afford a display or another adapter right now :(

The GPU model is an Asus ROG Strix RX570 OC, I use an EVGA 500W power supply, an I5-2500 and 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz.

Sorry if I made a mistake in my writing, english isn't my native language.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Can you link your adapter please?

I'm guessing it's an active adapter?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, VicMillanT said:

Have you tested the adaptor with another input like a dvd player, games console, laptop ect.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Have you tested the adaptor with another input like a dvd player, games console, laptop ect.

Yes, I tested it in a laptop to the display and it worked just fine