Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
veryDIMM

HP NC552SFP/NC523SFP AMD System Compatibility

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi All,

I have turned an old PC into my home server and I wanted to install a 10Gb Network Card into it. I have bought a new NC523SFP and put it into the system. The system either doesn't turn on or the card doesn't show up in the system. My question is, what are the hardware requirements for the card and does it need to have a specific processor, i.e. Intel/AMD? And, if that card doesn't work, will the NC552SFP work instead?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Cooper

On 9/13/2019 at 5:45 AM, Electronics Wizardy said:

What specs is the server?

Some desktops won't let a non gpu work in the pcie slot, so try a different system to test the card. HP cards should work in other systems.

AMD/intel won't matter

The main specs are as follows:

Ryzen 5 1600

16GB Vengeance LPX

X370 SLI Plus

I've got a 1Gb network adapter in one of the slots at the moment and it works so i assume its not due to the motherboard not accepting non gpu cards.

11 hours ago, veryDIMM said:

The main specs are as follows:

Ryzen 5 1600

16GB Vengeance LPX

X370 SLI Plus

I've got a 1Gb network adapter in one of the slots at the moment and it works so i assume its not due to the motherboard not accepting non gpu cards.

Do you have anouther system to test that nic with?

Id try anouther nic like a mellanox connect x3, is there a reason why you picked that nic?

On 9/15/2019 at 5:43 AM, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you have anouther system to test that nic with?

Id try anouther nic like a mellanox connect x3, is there a reason why you picked that nic?

Well, the main reason for picking that nic was because it was cheap on eBay. I have tested the nic in another pc at school and it works perfectly. I don't have a large budget for spending on these cards as im still in school and i can't blow 100's of dollars of networking components all the time. My budget is about 40/50 dollars for a dual port card.

If you have any tips to which card to go with it would be much appreciated.

Thanks