New Computer turns on and off and repeat HELP?(noob) (FIXED)

artieboy13

So i am very new to building computers and today i built my very first computer. Everything went well untill i tried to start my computer. After i press the power butten my rgb on my cpu fan turns on, only 1 out of 2 case fans turn on (depending wich one is in wich cpu connector) (probably broken??) my cpu fan tries to turn but it cant, my gpu spins as fast as it can and after a few seconds everything stops and it does the whole thing over and over again. I see nothing on the screen and i cant go to my boot menu an OS(since i couldnt install one). I am very new to pc building and have no idea whats going on. Can somebody help me?

My specs are

Asrock x470 Master Sli

Amd ryzen 7 3700X

Rtx 2080-super

seasonic focus gold 750w

corsair 16gb 3200ghz ddr4

fractal design meshify

i have also tested and 1 out of 2 connecter for my fans is working and the second cpu fan connector doesnt work either. Is my motherboard just faulty?

Also i hear no beeps or see no lights flashing exept the rgb from my fan and motherboard. Edit. 

Thanks for all the help guys i got the problem fixed. It was indeed my bios update. I thank you all very much for the support. 

Did you update the BIOS on that motherboard with a compatible CPU? Because if you didn't, you just built a brick. Either get a motherboard that supports your CPU out of the box or get someone to lend you an older chip to update the BIOS.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

As @Sauron stated, X470 motherboards will need a Bios update before being compatible with Ryzen 3000. You will need a 2000 series Ryzen processor to update it yourself, if you don't have one or can't get one most computer shops should be able to do it but it will cost money, or you can return that motherboard and get an X570 motherboard or one that for sure has the correct firmware if you want to use an X470 or B450 it's wise to ask the seller if it will have the update or not before you purchase it.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

7 hours ago, Sauron said:

Did you update the BIOS on that motherboard with a compatible CPU? Because if you didn't, you just built a brick. Either get a motherboard that supports your CPU out of the box or get someone to lend you an older chip to update the BIOS.

I checked the website and it said it was compatible. But probably need an bios update. Do you know how i can do it?

7 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

As @Sauron stated, X470 motherboards will need a Bios update before being compatible with Ryzen 3000. You will need a 2000 series Ryzen processor to update it yourself, if you don't have one or can't get one most computer shops should be able to do it but it will cost money, or you can return that motherboard and get an X570 motherboard or one that for sure has the correct firmware if you want to use an X470 or B450 it's wise to ask the seller if it will have the update or not before you purchase it.

And how do i install a bios update

pretty sure AMD will lend you a CPU to flash BIOS for free, given that you provide warranty info

search up amd bootkit

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

4 hours ago, artieboy13 said:

I checked the website and it said it was compatible. But probably need an bios update. Do you know how i can do it?

You need an older CPU to update the BIOS. AMD used to send out dummy chips (which you need to send back) specifically for this purpose so you can try contacting them. Alternatively you can try getting someone to lend you their CPU if you know someone who has a 2000 series or earlier Ryzen chip. Or you can pay for a tech retailer to do it for you.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 hours ago, Gegger said:

pretty sure AMD will lend you a CPU to flash BIOS for free, given that you provide warranty info

search up amd bootkit

I will thanks