What do I need to do after all the products arrive?

So what do I actually need after all the parts arrive ? 

pcpickers: MyPC

Do I need to update the bios or something? (the lady in the amd said that I need to update something)

Or should I simply followed the instructions?

Also so you guys have discord?

Just put it together, install Windows and all current drivers from the respective websites and enjoy. The board is X570 and the CPU is a 3000-series chip, so you don't need any BIOS updates to get it working. You should however update to the latest BIOS version as AMD is continuously improving performance and stability through microcode updates.

There is an official LinusTechTips Discord server. https://discord.gg/drG9aN

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

here is the LTT Official Discord:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/863013-ltt-official-discord/

I would recommend you watch a couple build guide video, e.g. one from Bitwit and LTT:

This will give you the general idea of what to do.

Short steps to build a PC:

0. Get your tools and workspace ready. Do your anti static stuff, like getting an antistatic wristband and connecting it to something grounded, or just grounding yourself on that. Get a static free workspace ready, get a good screwdriver, zipties, twist ties, sidecutters

1. Build the PC, so physically install the stuff.. There is too much to mention here, watch the vids for that and ask if anything is unclear to you

2. have another PC handy, where you made a Windows 10 bootable USB stick

3. Boot from this USB stick and install Windows on the drive you want to have it installed on

4. Install your videocard drivers

5. You could update your BIOS, but your X570 BIOS is already made for the CPU

6. Go to your BIOS and turn up the RAM frequency. If you have any instability with that, check for BIOS updates

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

32 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

Just put it together, install Windows and all current drivers from the respective websites and enjoy. The board is X570 and the CPU is a 3000-series chip, so you don't need any BIOS updates to get it working. You should however update to the latest BIOS version as AMD is continuously improving performance and stability through microcode updates.

There is an official LinusTechTips Discord server. https://discord.gg/drG9aN

That is exactly what it is, thanks also do I need the 4 pin (mobo to psu)? 

There is some notes ? to it.

1 minute ago, KevinD29 said:

That is exactly what it is, thanks also do I need the 4 pin (mobo to psu)? 

There is some notes ? to it.

The extra 4-pin CPU power connector is not necessary. I'd go as far as to say it's a useless gimmick, since you will never draw enough power to need it. The 8-pin is enough,

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

1 hour ago, TheSLSAMG said:

The extra 4-pin CPU power connector is not necessary. I'd go as far as to say it's a useless gimmick, since you will never draw enough power to need it. The 8-pin is enough,

Well that makes sense, thanks ? TheSLSAMG 

2 hours ago, minibois said:

I would recommend you watch a couple build guide video, e.g. one from Bitwit and LTT:

0. Get your tools and workspace ready. Do your anti static stuff, like getting an antistatic wristband and connecting it to something grounded, or just grounding yourself on that. Get a static free workspace ready, get a good screwdriver, zipties, twist ties, sidecutters

1. Build the PC, so physically install the stuff.. There is too much to mention here, watch the vids for that and ask if anything is unclear to you

3. Boot from this USB stick and install Windows on the drive you want to have it installed on

6. Go to your BIOS and turn up the RAM frequency. If you have any instability with that, check for BIOS updates

I  can just tell, this is going to be fun ? excited for it.

Also still learning about anti static workplace...

Also what other things do I need to do in a safe working station( anti wristbands... etc)

The building part is fun but the actual preparation have no idea what so ever( anti static work station)

14 minutes ago, KevinD29 said:

Also what other things do I need to do in a safe working station( anti wristbands... etc)

The building part is fun but the actual preparation have no idea what so ever( anti static work station)

Just get yourself a table or whatever. A wooden table works fine, just keep in mind you may get some scratches on it (minor scratches, but that can be bothersome to certain people). It's just don't work on a metal table :P a glass table is alright, but PC component can really leave some scratches on that.

Do you know if your power outlets what you live are grounded or not? (Sometimes called 'earth' too).

An antistatic wristband would just connect to the ground part of a socket. You can also touch this part yourself periodically to ground yourself. Alternatively, you can connect your PSU to a grounded socket and touch that.

Don't sorry too much about that though, PC component have good tech against static shocks, doesn't hurt to be somewhat cautious though.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 hours ago, minibois said:

Just get yourself a table or whatever. A wooden table works fine, just keep in mind you may get some scratches on it (minor scratches, but that can be bothersome to certain people). It's just don't work on a metal table :P a glass table is alright, but PC component can really leave some scratches on that.

Do you know if your power outlets what you live are grounded or not? (Sometimes called 'earth' too).

An antistatic wristband would just connect to the ground part of a socket. You can also touch this part yourself periodically to ground yourself. Alternatively, you can connect your PSU to a grounded socket and touch that.

Don't sorry too much about that though, PC component have good tech against static shocks, doesn't hurt to be somewhat cautious though.

I don’t know if my apartment outlet is grounded, but will be working on a wooden table in a carpet.

4 hours ago, KevinD29 said:

I don’t know if my apartment outlet is grounded, but will be working on a wooden table in a carpet.

Best to check if they are.

Most modern houses will have grounded sockets nowadays... But I am not an electrician, so not sure how to test that.

7 hours ago, KevinD29 said:

Best to check if they are.

Most modern houses will have grounded sockets nowadays... But I am not an electrician, so not sure how to test that.

Assuming the OP is in the SSA (aka USA), grounded outlets will have three holes: two slotted and one round. If you wanted to really be sure, hardware stores/home centers sell inexpensive outlet testers, like this one (I have a similar one that works the same way; I forget where I got it).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

5 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Assuming the OP is in the SSA (aka USA), grounded outlets will have three holes: two slotted and one round. If you wanted to really be sure, hardware stores/home centers sell inexpensive outlet testers, like this one (I have a similar one that works the same way; I forget where I got it).

three holes, also how big is the screwdriver?

(like the size of the screw)

1 minute ago, KevinD29 said:

Standard Philips head screwdriver.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

40 minutes ago, KevinD29 said:

38 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

Standard Philips head screwdriver.

There are several standard phillips head screw driver sizes. The sizes needed are #2 and #1. #2 will work for most screws on computer but, occasionally, he will run into a screw a screw head too small for a #1. 

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

On 9/11/2019 at 3:21 PM, KevinD29 said:

got to say Linus did a really clear description of “after you build it” boot the device you want to boot first then installed windows.

As far as other software I need, do I actually need other software than this?