On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVP1

Buy Gigabyte's C621 Aorus Xtreme Motherboard
On Amazon: https://geni.us/4ZyH3
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVPW

Buy Intel Xeon W-3175X Skylake Processor :
On Amazon: https://geni.us/gy4VZ
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVPp

I heard Radeon VII ?

EDIT: also dam now I really need to track down a Mac Pro case and stuff my SR-2 inside it so I can be a cool kid too...

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

bit of a sleeper here, but waiting for that ricer still

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It's been over 8 weeks since you guys posted the first video on this project, and the only progress you've made is that you found a RAM kit for it? Kind of disappointing. Is this going to drag on and on for months like the 6 editors 1 cpu series?

1 minute ago, kingmeowser said:

It's been over 8 weeks since you guys posted the first video on this project, and the only progress you've made is that you found a RAM kit for it? Kind of disappointing. Is this going to drag on and on for months like the 6 editors 1 cpu series?

Probably. They're documenting a goofy project as they progress on it, things like this don't go super smoothly. Ever looked at a build log of someone stuffing an SR-2 or similar stupidly massive board into these cases? There's all sorts of planning, material procurement, experimenting, and general jank that goes into these. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/693773-g5-komars-mode/

May not be as powefull, but I'm way ahead of LTT on this one :P

12 minutes ago, komar said:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/693773-g5-komars-mode/

May not be as powefull, but I'm way ahead of LTT on this one :P

@DrMacintosh and @Crunchy Dragon have also put systems in PowerMac G5 cases, always looks awesome! 

Only guy I've seen close to as ambitious as LTT was one absolute madman on the EVGA forums who stuffed an SR-2 (IIRC it's still slightly wider than the mobo LTT has) inside one. I desire to follow in his footsteps at some point... 

Main PC 

Hey, I left a comment on the Youtube video page already, but here goes again:

If you want to make a 3D scan of a shiny object, you should use an inert mineral spray like a developer spray. It's what is used by archaeologists when scanning shiny objects like stone tools. I can get you in contact with someone from Minnesota University who can possibly give you a hand, even if you just want to make a tutorial video about making photogrammetry models!

Did anyone else notice this? Cuz I love what happened in the last minute of the video:

Spoiler

Linus: This is going to be a challenge, BUT it looks like every problem we have.......

*undies slides itself out of the build*

Linus: ......is going to be overcomable.

THE PACK OF UNDIES KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM!!! ? ? ?

12 minutes ago, Results45 said:

THE PACK OF UNDIES KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM!!! ? ? ?

You're telling me skinning the inside of the case with LTT underwear won't help the thermals? 

Main PC 

MMMMMMmmmm, more delicious Hackintosh goodness which means more Anthony.

I am about this content.

Also hey Linus, I could use a new Mac Pro when you're done with this one.

乇乂丅尺卂 丅卄工匚匚

Linus: *Sees Radeon VII hanging down off of MOBO.* "Yeah, that looks right!" *Continues test fitting...*

Me:        ...R.I.P....

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Please wait.

Estimated time until part 2:

9 months, 6 days, 13 hours, 12 minutes, 7 seconds.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

Can’t wait to see the finished build. This is a bit ambitious for my tastes. I personally went with a “as stock as possible” approach with my internal look. 

Spoiler

0B6C9A17-B61E-45A9-8C12-C11402F0EF68.thumb.jpeg.ab1c4f883e0bec9525867677cb16f3b4.jpeg

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

They really need to talk about the price of this build because a lot of people go the hackintosh/PC parts route to save some money. This build screams $$$ but I think it still might come in below new Mac Pro projections!

39 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Can’t wait to see the finished build. This is a bit ambitious for my tastes. I personally went with a “as stock as possible” approach with my internal look. 

Reveal hidden contents

0B6C9A17-B61E-45A9-8C12-C11402F0EF68.thumb.jpeg.ab1c4f883e0bec9525867677cb16f3b4.jpeg

Right, and I did basically the opposite of that by gutting the case entirely :D

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Are you kidding me apple made there desktop computer upside down ?. Nice call apple, slap yourself silly.

Too much hassle and hacks just to use that case.

Why not just CUT it and extend it (make it taller and wider)... it will still LOOK like a Mac case.

56 minutes ago, YogiBehar said:

Are you kidding me apple made there desktop computer upside down ?. Nice call apple, slap yourself silly.

Lol, BeQuiet makes inverted cases too. IIRC LTT did a big feature video on an amazing custom case a while back, that too was inverted. Some people want inverted cases because they like the look, others because they're practical. On the PowerMac G5, the inverted layout lets them put the heavy PSU and dual CPU coolers on the bottom, keeping it stable when on the floor/on a desk. It also leaves the upper half more open for easy swapping of the GPUs/PCIe devices and HDDs. Mac Pros were very similar, but some of them had trays on the bottom with daughterboards for the CPUs so those are easily removed as well (1st gen Mac Pros and PowerMacs are hellish to swap CPUs in). Overall it's a very well though out and organized interior for easy maintenance and essential upgrades. For reference, I've had both a PowerMac G5 and 1st gen Mac Pro, and worked a bit some other ones.

Main PC 

And this is where a great idea ALWAYS turns into a crazy Frankenstein experiment, all because you are trying to stuff modern gear into an ancient enclosure and resorting to a Dremel.

You want to beat Apple at their own game use your CNC equipment instead of a Dremel. Go grab a WP100 case that can actually fit the hardware you have properly, install the water cooling gear nicely and then do the final touch by cutting a giant apple logo on each of the side panels - mobo side clear/open, cable side opaque acrylic, with RGB backlighting on both. Powder coat the whole thing silver to match the cheese grater. It wouldn't be too hard to put handles on it as well. Now you have something that's not only better, but comes off looking totally Apple stock.

Use your brains guys, don't be cheap. You've got all that CNC gear there doing hardly anything.

Lots of complaints about how the Radeon VII is being handled here.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Around 5 month ago when I said that using an Nvidia GPU for the Hackintosh video was a bit problematic, Anthony told me it's fine because Mojave drivers are coming in anyway. Guess by now they realized that Nvidia Web Drivers aren't really going to be a thing now and decided to just use an AMD Card.