AMD Ryzen 3950x Possibly Releasing Sept. 30th

BigDamn

It appears that rumors/predictions of an early September release date for AMD's 16core Ryzen 3950x will be met with disappointment. Listings for the product appeared on a German store with a launch date of September 30th which still falls within AMD's blanked release date of September.

AMD announced the AMD Ryzen 9 3950X way back at E3 2019, a 16-core, 32-thread mainstream processor for release in September. And, we might actually have a clue as to the date this monster processor will hit the streets. 

The AMD Ryzen 9 3950X showed up on German store Digitec, with a September 30 release date. Back when AMD announced the processor, it was for a September release – so a September 30 release date falls within that window, if only just barely.

While this may seem like a definitive answer (to an extent) there is more to consider, as Tech Radar states:

It should be noted, however, that the AMD Ryzen 9 3950X is listed on Digitec for €999 (about $1,120, £920, AU$1,650). This price is probably just a placeholder, as the AMD Ryzen 9 3950X was announced at a $749 (about £620, AU$1,100) price point.

Still, it's entirely possible that this leaked date is inaccurate, as the last day of September could just be a placeholder - after all, the official release window is just "September 2019" at the time of this writing. September is ongoing, however, so if AMD is going to push this processor out by the end of the month, we'll likely hear from it in the very near future. 

I find the price inaccuracy a bit odd, considering that we already know what the price is going to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if the release date was legit. Often it seems that when companies specify only a month as their release date, the actual release date will be at the end of the month. It's as if they're trying to get your hopes up for a September release, but it's more of an October release. September just sounds better to say. What do you all think of this? Does a September 30th release make sense to you?

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

The 3900X has been in shortage even if it has been out for some time now. Pricing is elevated from where it should be. If the situation isn't better with the 3950X, expect scalping on that too.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I think they might be holding off to make sure it hits the advertised boost clocks.

They are working on current Zen2 updates so they don't end up with another class action.

I'd be much more interested if this was about their upper echelon video cards.

A 32 core CPU? Yawn.

Bring me big Navi!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

16 hours ago, BigDamn said:

It appears that rumors/predictions of an early September release date for AMD's 16core Ryzen 3950x will be met with disappointment. Listings for the product appeared on a German store with a launch date of September 30th which still falls within AMD's blanked release date of September.

While this may seem like a definitive answer (to an extent) there is more to consider, as Tech Radar states:

I find the price inaccuracy a bit odd, considering that we already know what the price is going to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if the release date was legit. Often it seems that when companies specify only a month as their release date, the actual release date will be at the end of the month. It's as if they're trying to get your hopes up for a September release, but it's more of an October release. September just sounds better to say. What do you all think of this? Does a September 30th release make sense to you?

I will start out with, I do think it is probably just a placeholder amount, however, it would probably help if Tech Radar actually noticed that the website is actually a Swiss website and therefore the price is in Swiss Francs, not Euros and the USD price equivalent is pretty much USD1000.00 not USD1120.00 like they said. Also, as it is in a pretty sensible country, it will include the VAT in the amount shown, which at the Swiss rate is apparently 7.7%, which equates to about USD930.00ish without the tax included. Also Switzerland is expensive af, so it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't still the equivalent without tax included of somewhere around CHF/USD ~900.00 when actual retail arrives there.

15 minutes ago, IntMD said:

I will start out with, I do think it is probably just a placeholder amount, however, it would probably help if Tech Radar actually noticed that the website is actually a Swiss website and therefore the price is in Swiss Francs, not Euros and the USD price equivalent is pretty much USD1000.00 not USD1120.00 like they said. Also, as it is in a pretty sensible country, it will include the VAT in the amount shown, which at the Swiss rate is apparently 7.7%, which equates to about USD930.00ish without the tax included. Also Switzerland is expensive af, so it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't still the equivalent without tax included of somewhere around CHF/USD ~900.00 when actual retail arrives there.

It's almost as if they were intentionally trying to mislead readers so they click the article!

I'm sure no web publication would do such a thing

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

Maybe a few reviewers will get the chips. The product won't land in stores until next year, or maybe 2021.

Ryzen 5 3600 already starts selling below MSPR. 3900X is still on "pre-order" since launch.

Very interesting chip though. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

a feel like the issue with Zen 2 is gonna be supply issues. the question is how much fab space AMD is managing to get while many are scrambling to produce their chips at TSMC. 

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I feel like the issues with a bigger navi+this is indeed yield issues.  Which, iirc, is why GlobalFoundries got out of the game.

Yields aren't the problem. The reason the 3950X was delayed till this month is Epyc is FAR more profitable and demand.was very high. Epyc 2, as with Ryzen 3000, garnered massive popularity and the momentum meant more production and choppers had to be allocated to the server space rather than HCC deaktop

Gonna be interested in how it performs in single core as well as intel's HEDT line.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

1 hour ago, williamcll said:

Gonna be interested in how it performs in single core as well as intel's HEDT line.

At the very least, it has the highest boost clock of any Ryzen CPU to date. This will help in gaming and Adobe software.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

4 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

At the very least, it has the highest boost clock of any Ryzen CPU to date. This will help in gaming and Adobe software.

Cloclspeed really isnt why its great in adobe software. Its the low latency ringbus and iGPU. And its the iGPU that makes literally all the skylake X CPUs a joke in Adobe together with AMD products as they honestly cannot compete in that workload.

6 hours ago, Deli said:

3900X is still on "pre-order" since launch.

Up until about last week we had them in quantity every day since launch week....

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Yields aren't the problem. The reason the 3950X was delayed till this month is Epyc is FAR more profitable and demand.was very high. Epyc 2, as with Ryzen 3000, garnered massive popularity and the momentum meant more production and choppers had to be allocated to the server space rather than HCC deaktop

It might not be yield as in good/bad but it could be yield as in getting enough "good" bins for clock. The low end seems plentiful enough.

Also do we know for sure the server parts are the same CCD as consumer ones? I'm probably over thinking it again, but part reason for the half bandwidth writes on consumer CPUs was apparently client workloads didn't need more. Does that apply to server also? 

34 minutes ago, Rune said:

Up until about last week we had them in quantity every day since launch week....

Which region? In UK at least the more sensibly priced ones are constrained in stock. Only regular supply from those with elevated pricing.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, porina said:

It might not be yield as in good/bad but it could be yield as in getting enough "good" bins for clock. The low end seems plentiful enough.

Also do we know for sure the server parts are the same CCD as consumer ones? I'm probably over thinking it again, but part reason for the half bandwidth writes on consumer CPUs was apparently client workloads didn't need more. Does that apply to server also? 

Which region? In UK at least the more sensibly priced ones are constrained in stock. Only regular supply from those with elevated pricing.

From what I've seen/read the chiplets are mostly identical - I haven't heard of specific Server/Desktop chiplets. But I'm far from omniscient so...

1 minute ago, porina said:

Microcenter US

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

From what I've seen/read the chiplets are mostly identical - I haven't heard of specific Server/Desktop chiplets. But I'm far from omniscient so...

"mostly"... it is any possible difference I'm curious about. If they are not identical, they'd have to manage separately. Can't steal from consumer to top up server if that is the case, except at fab allocation level.

8 minutes ago, Rune said:

Microcenter US

Which one? The last time I went to the one in Dallas they only had the 3800X for $399, however they didn't have any 3900X's in stock.

49 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Which one? The last time I went to the one in Dallas they only had the 3800X for $399, however they didn't have any 3900X's in stock.

3900X has been in stock for months in Europe. - I think it might be an issue of your local area tbh

>end of the month

AMD pls.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 hours ago, Rune said:

If you don't mind to pay early adopter tax. The 3900X can be had for like €700+. Anywhere with a more reasonable listed price of €549 are permanently shown as "pre-order".

42 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

3900X has been in stock for months in Europe. - I think it might be an issue of your local area tbh

You can grab one if you're fast. I do see them in stock occasionally, like a few hours. Then they're out of stock again. Or if you don't mind paying extortionately high price. How about €760?