What are the best long term data storage solutions for home in 2019

Eduard T

I know there is a topic about this, but it is from 2014. So I'm asking again: what are the best long term data storage solutions in 2019 for home users

It's probably still valid for the most part. Are you looking for just an external HDD or more of a NAS type deal?

14 minutes ago, Eduard T said:

I know there is a topic about this, but it is from 2014. So I'm asking again: what are the best long term data storage solutions in 2019 for home users

If you mean as for home you are referring to a server where you store the files we a cloud. My cloud home is a good solution unless you wanna make your own server. If you are talking about PC storage then which one do you need external or internal? 

44 minutes ago, Labeled said:

It's probably still valid for the most part. Are you looking for just an external HDD or more of a NAS type deal?

It doesn't really matter. Just something that will keep my data for a good few years

@Pauleft Yes, I am talking about external storage. When i say for home user - I mean something simple and preferably cheap (not dedicated server). I want to know if HDD is better than SSD. Whether NAS uses just HDD or they can use SSD. Is NAS safe for use (is it easily hackable?). Does NAS price justifies its use for people who are not content creators (i just want to be able to show my pics and vids to my children)?  Is there any other tech in 2019?

M.2 is way better then HDD bust ssd is almost the same thing as m.2. NAS is safe as long as your home WiFi is safe and secure from external attacks. Such as don't have a WiFi password as 123max. I am not a pro at nas but i do have a home server but don't know a huge amount. Also if you want to show pics for children then I would recommend my cloud home it's super simple and secure home WiFi storage

Also I think my cloud home has a family feature so kids won't accident delete anything 

There are some other brands but they are not as simple as wd my cloud home. The best example of my cloud home is apple it's simple and everyone can use it. If there are some other solutions I'll let other people respond to this thread