Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phill104

Trypophobia - A reason to not buy an iPhone 11

2 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Ughhh I have trypophobia, but it has to be a lot of holes for me. It's like looking at someone's decaying flesh that has maggots drilling holes inside it.

Really I find it fascinating. 😓

i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz

Asus Strix OC 1080Ti

ROG Maximus IX Hero

EVGA G2 850W

32GB DDR4 (16x2) @ 3000Mhz

X62 Kraken

Creative Soundblaster Zx

Windows 10 Pro x64

Phanteks Primo

10 hours ago, Phill104 said:

Looks like as usual lawyers are looking to coin in their next croc of cack

I’m not aware how does a lawyer’s mental gymnastics work but how can they defend this when “Trypophobia” isn’t even listed in DSM-V or any diagnostic taxonomies? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Some people are going to have some serious reactions when the Mac Pro is released.

The Schnoz

...I'm sorry, why did they buy it if it triggers this phobia?

9 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

a8338b9.png.b7bcccbc755e6c138f3036825943c374.png

If the current trend keeps up those prices need an extra 9 at the end to be realistic :P

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

50 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

I’m not aware how does a lawyer’s mental gymnastics work but how can they defend this when “Trypophobia” isn’t even listed in DSM-V or any diagnostic taxonomies? 

DSM has umbrella "specific phobia". 

i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz

Asus Strix OC 1080Ti

ROG Maximus IX Hero

EVGA G2 850W

X62 Kraken

Creative Soundblaster Zx

Windows 10 Pro x64

Phanteks Primo

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

It's hip and quirky to have some phobia or shit and everyone is like "oh muh god you're so cool". And the people who actually have phobias are shivering in a corner and are not bragging about it.

Yeah, you'll never see me willingly go into onea those escape room things. Ugh.

Phobias can be serious shit.

Officially LTT's 'coolest' member (yes, that's a pun)

The w is pronounced like v, if you're wondering!

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Gaming keyboards are a ripoff.

Be proud of who you are.

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

It's hip and quirky to have some phobia or shit and everyone is like "oh muh god you're so cool". And the people who actually have phobias are shivering in a corner and are not bragging about it.

Should be legal to punch people who claim that they're "so OCD". 

i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz

Asus Strix OC 1080Ti

ROG Maximus IX Hero

EVGA G2 850W

X62 Kraken

Creative Soundblaster Zx

Windows 10 Pro x64

Phanteks Primo

I hope they don't have shower heads.  What a stupid class action lawsuit.  Guess they never saw a mesh or cutout fan guard of case front panel either.

Inb4 the phones of the future are basically mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras that can make calls 

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

8 hours ago, ryao said:

Where were the complaints about Apple designing their Mac Pro to resemble a cheese grater?

The phobia is normal only triggered by small holes and usually it's in a living thing (not always). so depending on perspective, larger holes like on the mac pro are not an issue,  also being able to see through to the other side also negates the reaction (which is why flyscreen and safety doors aren't an issue). 

8 hours ago, justpoet said:

I hope they don't have shower heads.  What a stupid class action lawsuit.  Guess they never saw a mesh or cutout fan guard of case front panel either.

What class action?

EDIT: just thought I should add that I don't like the name it has or the fact it is referred to as a phobia. Apart from not being anything other than an observed condition, the closest it really comes to phobia are some elements of fear that lay at the heart of the ill feeling you get when triggered.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

23 hours ago, Taja said:

It is something that a lot of people have (me included) but its just a bad feeling - and the new iphone DEFINETELY does not bother me.

Yeah, me too. I did read/hear someone mention this before I saw this thread and considered it, but yeah, this doesn't "trigger" it in me.

🖥️Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎iPad Air2; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 3 🍎

5 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Inb4 the phones of the future are basically mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras that can make calls 

kinda want actually, LOL

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

The phobia is normal only triggered by small holes and usually it's in a living thing (not always).

Yeah, for me, it's usually something organic that "triggers" it (I don't like the word "trigger"...it's highly overused)....though I do confess that with thread bringing everything to the forefront, @Murasaki's pics are bothering me a bit now :)

🖥️Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎iPad Air2; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 3 🍎

Ez solution for that: don't buy it then

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

It's funny how much drama is generated around iPhone 11 cameras. But absolutely none about Nokia 9 that actually has so many cameras packed in small space it could actually cause problems to some ppl with this fear. And no one said a word. Heh.

On 9/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, Taja said:

AFAIK, trypophobia is not a "real" phobia. It is something that a lot of people have (me included) but its just a bad feeling - and the new iphone DEFINETELY does not bother me.

If the whole back of the phone had irregular holes, MAYBE people could feel bad looking at it, but still the whole situation is ridiculous.

For ppl that are confused, just google trypophobia in google images that you will see what this is about.

I used to have it. Whenever I'd see an image with it in, it made my skin crawl and i'd start itching and sweating.

I forced myself to look at images of it for about half an hour. Now it doesn't bother me thankfully.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

Trypophobia is bullshit

Project Taiwan: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.8ghz  /// CPU Cooler: 280mm Thermaltake Water 3.0 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 8gb Team T-Force Xtreem @3200mhz /// Chassis: InWin 805 (with MNPCtech handles) /// PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower Grand Gold 650W /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Peripherals: Mice: Glorious Model O, Logitech G305 /// Keyboard: Leopold FC900R (Cherry Pink), Logitech G613 (Romer G) /// Monitor: AOC Agon AG322FCX 32' (VA, 1080p @144hz) /// AMP: Onkyo Integra A-817XD /// DAC: Loxjie D10 (Red) /// Speakers: Polk Audio TSi100 /// Mike: Superlux E205U /// Headphones: Sony MDR-XB920 & Koss Pro4AAA Titanium

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Hegel H90 /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

I can't say I'm surprised, because I made this exact joke when watching the announcement, but I'm certainly disappointed, humanity

INTERREX : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8GhZ || CPU COOLER : Wraith Spire || MOBO : MSi X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, Crucial P1 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || PSU: Seasonic 650W w/ Black & Red Extensions || CASE: Phanteks P300 || Monitor: Acer Predator X34A, HP 27yh || KEYBOARD: Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE V2 || Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero || Audio: Steelseries Arctis 5, Logitech C920 || Case Fans : 2x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120, 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 ||

DIOCLETIAN IV (Forthcoming) : CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X @4.1GhZ || CPU COOLER : Noctua, NH-U12S w/ NF-F12 iPPC-2000 || MOBO : Gigabyte X570 Gaming X || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, Crucial P1 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || PSU: EVGA G2 850W w/ Cablemod Custom Cables || CASE: NZXT S340 Elite || Monitor: Acer Predator X34A, HP 27yh || KEYBOARD: Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE V2 || Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero || Audio: Steelseries Arctis 5, Logitech C920 || Case Fans : 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 ||

JUSTINIAN - Dell XPS 15": CPU: Core i7-9750H || GPU: GTX 1650 || RAM: 2*8GB 2666MhZ DDR4 SODIMM || SSD: 1TB M.2 PCIe || CASE: 15.6" Laptop with dBrand skin || Monitor: 15" 1920 * 1080 IPS || KEYBOARD: Dell Keyboard || Mouse: Logitech G305 White || Audio: Skullcandy Earbuds

VESPASIAN (Travel) (Forthcoming) : CPU: Core i7-7700K @4.4 GhZ || CPU COOLER : BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 || MOBO : MSi Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB GeIL Super Luce RGB (2400) || SSDs: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB || PSU: Corsair TX550M || CASE: Phanteks EVOLV ITX || Monitor: Acer KG271U (1440p, 144HZ) || KEYBOARD: Redragon K552 || Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 310 || Audio: SteelSeries Arctis 5 || Case Fans : 3x Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 ||

OTHER : Dell Latitude (i7-6600U, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD) || MacBook Pro Mid 2013 || Various half-assembled towers ||

MOBILE : Galaxy S7 (32GB + 64GB uSD, main phone) || Honor 7X (Europe) || iPad Air 2 || Rooted Kindle FIre 7" ||

ONGOING : PowerMac G5 workstation || 

DESK : 2x IKEA Gerton tabletop, 7x Olav table leg, 1x Alex drawer, 4x Capita leg

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

It's funny how much drama is generated around iPhone 11 cameras. But absolutely none about Nokia 9 that actually has so many cameras packed in small space it could actually cause problems to some ppl with this fear. And no one said a word. Heh.

You're right, I didn't think of that seeing iPhones, with that Nokia I thought it might resemble some of the ugly holes, but for example every time I see Peugeot with those lights:
absXRKpt-V1RowaxEljJQcAIDsyfmNpu08v301k5

I am disgusted. It makes me uncomfortable, reminds me of worms coming out of someone's skin.
I never knew trypophobia has a name.