Acer Predator Helios 500 AMD

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-PH517-61-R0GX-Processor-Graphics/dp/B07GWX5X26/?ascsubtag=UUwpUdUnU65987YYwYg&currency=USD&tag=wpcentralb-20

I spotted this at Amazon, and was thinking, should I go for this or buy a desktop instead? In any case, I wonder if it can support Ryzen 3000 desktop processors...

Okay, I need to be clear (as many of you might not get it). My usage is more towards working, such as rendering video and 3D model, but I also want this system to be able to game. In other words, more of multi-role then a pure gaming or workstation. Vega graphic card fits in nicely, although it is not a superb gaming graphic card.

Software intended to use:

- AutoCAD

- Solid Works

- Cyberlink Power Director

Games intended to play:

- Assassin Creed 5

- Battlefield 5

- Tomb Raider (maybe in the future)

Budget: About USD 1600.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Not sure if they would roll it out with a 3700 in near future. The 2700 is not even out for a year yet.

EDIT: I should also mention that iirc the clockspeed with 8 cores is 3.5 GHz while Intel 8750h with 6 Cores puts out 3.9 GHz (Certain on intel, since I have one). You could bump it up though with Ryzen Master

38 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

Not sure if they would roll it out with a 3700 in near future. The 2700 is not even out for a year yet.

EDIT: I should also mention that iirc the clockspeed with 8 cores is 3.5 GHz while Intel 8750h with 6 Cores puts out 3.9 GHz (Certain on intel, since I have one). You could bump it up though with Ryzen Master

The 8750Hs ckockspeed varies HEAVILY from laptop to laptop. And it only has six cores and less cache so the 2700 would still crush it

1 hour ago, Chiyawa said:

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-PH517-61-R0GX-Processor-Graphics/dp/B07GWX5X26/?ascsubtag=UUwpUdUnU65987YYwYg&currency=USD&tag=wpcentralb-20

I spotted this at Amazon, and was thinking, should I go for this or buy a desktop instead? In any case, I wonder if it can support Ryzen 3000 desktop processors...

Okay, I need to be clear (as many of you might not get it). My usage is more towards working, such as rendering video and 3D model, but I also want this system to be able to game. In other words, more of multi-role then a pure gaming or workstation. Vega graphic card fits in nicely, although it is not a superb gaming graphic card.

Software intended to use:

- AutoCAD

- Solid Works

- Cyberlink Power Director

Games intended to play:

- Assassin Creed 5

- Battlefield 5

- Tomb Raider (maybe in the future)

Budget: About USD 1600.

for your usage I'd recommend going with a PC instead of laptop. You will get a far more powerful PC building ti yourself, than buying a pre built laptop. Thermals are always an issue in laptops.

Just as an idea:

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

58 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The 8750Hs ckockspeed varies HEAVILY from laptop to laptop. And it only has six cores and less cache so the 2700 would still crush it

I never said the 8750H is superior. Got delusions or something? I merely said the stock 8 core clockspeed is 3.5GHz but most of the time advertised as 4,1GHz

2 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

I never said the 8750H is superior. Got delusions or something? I merely said the stock 8 core clockspeed is 3.5GHz but most of the time advertised as 4,1GHz

No need to insult people for pointing out things. Don't act childish. Boost behaviour varies from laptop to laptop. The 2700 is easily capable of boosting to 4GJz if the conditions allow.

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

No need to insult people for pointing out things. Don't act childish. Boost behaviour varies from laptop to laptop. The 2700 is easily capable of boosting to 4GJz if the conditions allow.

He isnt being insulting or childish..

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

15 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

for your usage I'd recommend going with a PC instead of laptop. You will get a far more powerful PC building ti yourself, than buying a pre built laptop. Thermals are always an issue in laptops.

I see. However, PC Parts in my area is quite expensive. I have tried comparing the price from my local vendor and the price from PC part pickers, it surprise me I'm paying extra USD 100 to 200, being the RAM, SSD, HDD and motherboard are more expensive in my area (the RAM cost me around USD 450). I live in Malaysia, by the way, and anything from New Egg or other vendors does not ship to Malaysia if not mistaken.

RTX2070 is expensive in my area, costing more than USD 550. Right now the only feasible is Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64, which sell less than USD 440. Though the price may went up by now.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

20 hours ago, ZeouLs said:

The 2700 annihilates the 8750h, I know I have the latter. Also when at maximum usage across all cores, the 8750H is usually sitting at a TDP of 55w which settles down at 3.3GHz, so... that means it's both slower and boasts fewer cores and threads. For a laptop that actually has good temps and a full 2700 plus a Vega 56, the Helios 500 is a stellar buy. It's a bit outdated, but I wouldn't say it's a bad value for how well it handles the components it has.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

4 hours ago, Imglidinhere said:

For a laptop that actually has good temps and a full 2700 plus a Vega 56, the Helios 500 is a stellar buy. It's a bit outdated, but I wouldn't say it's a bad value for how well it handles the components it has.

Interesting. Thanks for the input.