• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aarondatechguy

Backslash not working

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit stumped.

The issue i am having is my \ | (backslash bar} key isn't inputting when i press it.
First thing i tried was setting a macro up to the key, to see if it was an issue with the hardware. Macro runs fine when i press it.

Next thing, i boot into Windows, in safe mode. The key works fine in notepad, command prompt. As normal.

I disabled all programs in task manager that start when windows loads, and reboot into normal windows.

From the log in screen, the key does not work. 

I have also tried changing keyboard layouts. I have tried US, United States International. The key still doesn't work. When i change to United Kingdom, when i press it i get #

I'm so fricken lost.

CPU: AMD R5-1600X @4.1 GHz/1.416v, GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3gb, RAM: 2x8gb Crucial, Mobo: MSI B350 Pro Mate, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 X, Case: Cooler Master Enforcer

Posted · Original PosterOP

seems a bit extreme

CPU: AMD R5-1600X @4.1 GHz/1.416v, GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3gb, RAM: 2x8gb Crucial, Mobo: MSI B350 Pro Mate, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 X, Case: Cooler Master Enforcer

14 minutes ago, aarondatechguy said:

seems a bit extreme

It's likely to be the fastest solution, and you probably have some junk built up anyways.

It's best to keep windows by itself on a small partition, so reinstalling is quick and easy, and it doesn't disturb your more permanent files

I edit my posts a lot

This may be a stretch, but I'd try finding drivers for your particular motherboard chipset, keyboard, etc and reinstalling/updating them. A while back I had an issue with copy+paste that was resolved by installing some intel chipset thing or another, and I wonder if this has to do with something similar. 

fite me nerd

MSI GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF

www.soundcloud.com/john-hanlon-music