2080 Super VS. 2080TI

UnbounDxKilleR
4 hours ago, UnbounDxKilleR said:

Sorry treat me as dumb, what is the PCH, is that part of the chipset which is used by the sata ports and will be disabled when a M.2 is used?

First off your cou has 20 lanes. 16 for gpu and 4 for m.2 on motherboard. Then depending on your mobo there are additional pci-e lanes for the chipset that dont go straight to the cpu. So you would be fine

12 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

First off your cou has 20 lanes. 16 for gpu and 4 for m.2 on motherboard. Then depending on your mobo there are additional pci-e lanes for the chipset that dont go straight to the cpu. So you would be fine

Thank you for the clarification, I think I have an understanding of everything now!

On 9/12/2019 at 8:23 AM, Princess Luna said:

The i9 9900K is not a furnace, I have a Dark Rock 4 (non Pro) keeping mine at 5ghz with no higher temps than 79Cº

My locked i9 9900 works on an even shittier cooler Shadow Rock Slim also never exceeding 78Cº while sustaining 4.75ghz

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION ABOUT IT BEING HOT, IF YOU HAVE A DECENT COOLER IT WILL WORK FINE

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP SAYING THE 9900K ONLY MATTERS AT 1080P HAVE YOU EVEN BOTHERED TO CHECK REALITY:

image.thumb.png.e73598b73c872a02553d667e3a18256b.png

Look you're a nice guy but your bias against Intel is starting to get on my nerves

Do you have a link to the full review? This one slide just shows one particular game and might not be consistent across the board. I also need to know what the setup was because running lower speed ram for example on the 3000 series without having the multiplier setup correctly for the infinity fabric can easily drop the fps.

The reviews I have seen showed that the difference between the AMD and INTEL machines was on average less than 5% when looking at like 26 games. 

There is also the fact that the 3000 series is new and there are still issues being fixed in bios updates. Like them not boosting to the proper levels which will be address by the end of the month. Then you have windows scheduler updates that will continue to improve how these cpu's perform. The chiplet design is new and the OS's will need to make some changes to how they handle this setup.

So while I agree the 9900k does have an advantage in gaming... it is a small one. If you plan on doing anything that is cpu intensive like streaming, productivity tasts, etc... then the 3900x seems a much better deal. You get 50% more cores for the same price for the cost of 3-5% fps in games. Mind you the latter is probably going to get better over the next few months.

Now this is coming from an INTEL fan. I have pretty much always been a huge intel promoter and I am actually a Honorary Super User on their forums. So for me to put my support behind AMD right now shows that they are really changing up the game. I think the CPU space is going to be really interesting over the next few years and I also hope the GPU market becomes the same warzone with AMD to release their high end cards and intel to be entering that market soon.