Thermal paste

Genius23462

Specs? Why don't you have thermal paste?

Without thermal paste, cooling would be much worse and the cpu would likely throttle if not shut down if it gets too hot.

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Work? Maybe. 

Work in a way that is usable? No. 

You need thermal paste (pre-applied or self-applied) between the cooler of the CPU and the CPU. 

GPUs come with thermal paste.

3 hours ago, Genius23462 said:

Will my pc work without thermal paste

Yes but terrible temps, just order some thermal paste from amazon. Or you can find a local PC shop and see if they got any thermal paste for sale.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

8 hours ago, Genius23462 said:

Will my pc work without thermal paste

I would never recommend going without thermal paste you should buy it. They are around 5 bucks no excuse to not get one it will help you majorly 

2 hours ago, Genius23462 said:

Will these paste work..?

If you're using it on the cpu, sure. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, Genius23462 said:

Will these paste work..?

Yes 100%

Just put a small penny sized or pea sized glob on the CPU and install, no need to spread.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Off topik slightly. Buddy of mine found dry thermal compound. No idea how old it is, it was in the factory tube, but no longer liquid, pretty dry. 

Is there a way to somehow re-liquefy it for the appropriate consistency?  Anyone had experience with this issue?  Perhaps @WoodenMarker

Thanks in advance for any ideas 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

1 hour ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Off topik slightly. Buddy of mine found dry thermal compound. No idea how old it is, it was in the factory tube, but no longer liquid, pretty dry. 

Is there a way to somehow re-liquefy it for the appropriate consistency?  Anyone had experience with this issue?  Perhaps @WoodenMarker

Thanks in advance for any ideas 

It depends on the paste and if any solvents have been evaporated. Even then, it can be reintroduced and remixed. That being said, it's likely impractical compared to just buying a new tube of paste.

5 hours ago, Genius23462 said:

Will these paste work..?

20190912_075312.jpg

For cpu yes I would recommend the thermal grizzly for max performance but it's up to you 

Also the thermal grizzly paste is good but not as needed if you don't have like an i9 extreme that thermal paste you ordered should just do it 

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It depends on the paste and if any solvents have been evaporated. Even then, it can be reintroduced and remixed. That being said, it's likely impractical compared to just buying a new tube of paste.

:) Done that! many Thanks for your help.

Here, Arctic MX4 is pr'lly the most popular pick, due to the low price (~3.5 euros for 4g)

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )