Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oddyseus

Random Game Crashing and BSODs, PSU issue?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello Guys,

 

I recently upgraded my CPU and GPU.

 

 

This is my rig at the moment. With a 1440p 144hz monitor.

 

I am getting random crashes, and sometimes BSODs when playing games.

 

Is this a driver issue? (I am reading online that the driver for the 5700 xt is kinda wierd now.)

 

Is my power supply too low?

 

I also tried to check the heat on the GPU but I don't get any heat readings using multiple programs.

 

 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been having the same problem with my 5700, as i look at your build I would say that your PSU is a little low, I know that 600-700 is the recommended from AMD in the quick start guide. But I have been seeing people online saying 500 is enough. But if it isn't the power supply I would say it is most likely the drivers

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Safader said:

I have been having the same problem with my 5700, as i look at your build I would say that your PSU is a little low, I know that 600-700 is the recommended from AMD in the quick start guide. But I have been seeing people online saying 500 is enough. But if it isn't the power supply I would say it is most likely the drivers

Is there a way to find out if the PSU is the issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the game crashes, or the PC bluescreens, that is VERY unlikely it is the PSU.

 

Have you overclocked anything?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, comicsansms said:

If the game crashes, or the PC bluescreens, that is VERY unlikely it is the PSU.

 

Have you overclocked anything?

Nope, everything running at default settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oddyseus said:

Nope, everything running at default settings.

What does the blue screen tell you? What is the log?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, comicsansms said:

What does the blue screen tell you? What is the log?

AGH, i knew i should have recorded it.

 

I'll post more details about it if it happens again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having similar problems with my new build. DIMM slot 3 seems to be faulty, as I haven't had a bsod since I removed it. all of my ram sticks work, I checked them all on slot 4, and mem diagnostics didn't find a problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
20 hours ago, comicsansms said:

What does the blue screen tell you? What is the log?

The BSOD stop code is Video Scheduler Internal Error.

I got fed up and started tinkering around. Happened to uninstall AMD software and it seems to have solved the issue for now?

I have no idea whats going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
19 hours ago, Ralnik said:

I am having similar problems with my new build. DIMM slot 3 seems to be faulty, as I haven't had a bsod since I removed it. all of my ram sticks work, I checked them all on slot 4, and mem diagnostics didn't find a problem. 

I uninstalled AMD software, (the program that you can launch with a right click on your desktop, not the drivers). It seems to have fixed the issue for now. Let me know if this helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×