Ryzen ram speeds dropped to half

Terrorgod

So i'm running a ryzen 1700x on a asrock x370 pro4 motherboard and wanted to go back to my old stable overclock since i started high refresh rate gaming again. But when I pushed my overclock and went into control panel and cpuz, it now states that my previously 3000mhz ram is only running at 1500mhz. I tried swapping settings back and forth and changing profiles but no matter what now the ram is always half the speed i set it to. Googling the issue is still flooded with ryzen ram compatibility videos so I thought it best to come here. Any help is appreciated.

You know that DDR4 running at 1500MHz means an effective 3000MHz speed, right? My best guess is you are looking at the raw speeds. After applying double data rate DDR logic you end up with 3000

DDR stands for double data rate, that means for each cycle it does two transfers. So when you say ram is running at 3000mhz(effective), it is in fact running at 1500mhz, using double data rate signalling. 

So the truth is, it is running at 1500mhz, but performing 3000MT/s(mega-transfers per second). 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

That is one thing i saw but it also used to say in the windows control panel that it was running at 3000mhz and now is saying 1500mhz. Is that something from a recent update?

4 minutes ago, Terrorgod said:

That is one thing i saw but it also used to say in the windows control panel that it was running at 3000mhz and now is saying 1500mhz. Is that something from a recent update?

Could be that it went deep. Wouldn't be the first time, wouldn't be the last. Listen to the BIOS and what it reports

The bios does report 3000mhz and I do remember situations were supposedly trustworthy programs lied "COUGH RYZEN MASTER TOOL COUGH" so maybe its just a weird thing on my desktop (laptops with the latest update still mark their full speed but who knows). I'll just mark this as resolved since it doesnt seem to be affecting much speed wise. thank you for all the assistance guys!

1 hour ago, Terrorgod said:

The bios does report 3000mhz and I do remember situations were supposedly trustworthy programs lied "COUGH RYZEN MASTER TOOL COUGH" so maybe its just a weird thing on my desktop (laptops with the latest update still mark their full speed but who knows). I'll just mark this as resolved since it doesnt seem to be affecting much speed wise. thank you for all the assistance guys!

RAM speed on AMD ryzen master is infinity fabric speed. DDR4 ram runs twice every cycle, and its true speed is half of what you set it at. Ryzen master isn't lying, and your bios isn't either

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

At 3000Mhz RAM speed, memory controller and infinity fabric run at 1500Mhz. CPU z shows the half speed. DDR = double data rate.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430