Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Still has a stupid notch, so ill probably wait another year before upgrading, especially with how insanely expensive these phones are now.

My camera is probably what I use my phone for the least. Its nice to have a good camera for when I do use it, but the difference between different flaphip cameras has never been enough to matter to me.

My System:

Corsair Obsidian 450D, I7 4790K, Corsair H60, Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2, 16 gb Gskill ripjaws X @ 1866 mhz, Asus Strix 1070 TI, Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB & 120GB SSD, Corsair CX 750M, PG278Q ROG Swift.

3 minutes ago, maizenblue said:

Still has a stupid notch, so ill probably wait another year before upgrading, especially with how insanely expensive these phones are now.

My camera is probably what I use my phone for the least. Its nice to have a good camera for when I do use it, but the difference between different flaphip cameras has never been enough to matter to me.

Notch isn't that bad IMO (but ofc is subjective), only really bothers you in some shows that fill the whole screen and have stuff under the notch you actually want to see (I have the iPhone X so same notch/body as the XS and 11 Pro). They aren't any more expensive than the X and XS lines were either, $1K for top end phones just seems to be the norm now. 

Yee, the camera and some efficiency improvements with the SoC are all you'd really notice (won't see the extra performance unless you do a lot of mobile gaming or other heavy stuff), if you don't use the camera much then this is just an efficiency tweak and slightly better screen, not really anything that's a must have. TBH the XS didn't have anything over the X either, other than a slightly different camera and some efficiency improvements and a slight perf increase on the SoC. Seems to be the norm for phones now, there's not really much else to push on them that the majority of people will actually use. They could finally just put USB-C on the iPhones and iPad and keep ports consistent across those, Macs, and the iPad Pros. 

I still want an 11 cause I'm a shiney new tech whore lmao, but my X already does everything I need it to

X58 Madlads: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: General X99 Xeon/i7 Discussion 

Current Rig: 

Spoiler

i7 5820K on a Heatkiller IV Pro Acetal
EVGA X99 Classified
32GB (4x8) 3200Mhz CL16 HyperX Predator DDR4
Radeon VII on an EK Acetal block and black EK backplate 
250GB 960 Evo, 1TB 970 Evo
Corsair RM1000i

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG, Grey
EK D5 pump/res combo, EK-ZMT tubing, EK stubby barb fittings, 360 and 120mm GTS stealth rads, 4x Noctua iPPC NF-F12s

Folding Rig:

Spoiler

X5670 on an Intel stock cooler
EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI
24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage 1600MHz CL9 DDR3
EVGA 1660 Ti XC Ultra
EVGA 1050 Ti FTW
EVGA 1600W T2, a totally reasonable wattage for this
PSU mount and mobo tray screwed to plywood

Legacy shoutouts cuz muh nostalgia won't let me delete them:

Spoiler

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, LGA1366 Xeons, and X chipsets: @WhisperingKnickers.

15 minutes ago, maizenblue said:

I'm in the same boat myself. I'd been looking at jumping to iPhones for awhile, though I'll wait another year here.

The pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

Forever in search of my reason to exist.