Fps drops and stuttering on most games - Good PC - TIRED OF THIS

On 9/13/2019 at 9:24 AM, Brent744 said:

A number of game developers will actually recommend installing their titles on the same drive as the OS.

Definitely keep XMP enabled, otherwise there would've been no point to purchasing 3000mhz RAM. With XMP enabled and your new overclock maybe try reinstalling the game. Ensure to remove all configuration files from the documents and steamapps folders after the uninstall. Reinstall and see if anything changes.

I tried this yesterday but games keep stuttering. I'm beginning to think this could be a RAM, motherboard or CPU issue but i don't know how to identificate them. Yesterday i run MEMTEST86 and didn't throw any errors. I don't have any alternative hardware to try, how can i verify this?

I have the same issue with my new PC. Here is the thread that i created: 

Exactly same thing happens. Please help me as well.. Is my hardware faulty? because i can't find any solution. Really need help. Thanks.

Is your problem solved..? It's almost 4-5 days and you haven't posted or replied to this thread. Please tell me the solution if you have fixed it. Thanks :)

6 hours ago, SanketSonu said:

Is your problem solved..? It's almost 4-5 days and you haven't posted or replied to this thread. Please tell me the solution if you have fixed it. Thanks :)

Unfortunately i haven't. The stutter still happens and mostly now on the witcher 3. I don't even know anymore cause i have games that work pretty well and others work like s***.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:00 PM, luzbelivo said:

Unfortunately i haven't. The stutter still happens and mostly now on the witcher 3. I don't even know anymore cause i have games that work pretty well and others work like s***.

I'm also not able to fix this. It's where frustrating while playing CS-GO and Dota 2. Tomorrow im going to change all my hardware one by one with other spare parts and will try to check if this was a hardware defect or not. I will let you know the result.

11 hours ago, SanketSonu said:

I'm also not able to fix this. It's where frustrating while playing CS-GO and Dota 2. Tomorrow im going to change all my hardware one by one with other spare parts and will try to check if this was a hardware defect or not. I will let you know the result.

Thanks man. Please let me know.

On 9/21/2019 at 12:30 AM, luzbelivo said:

Thanks man. Please let me know.

@luzbelivo I found the problem. It was SSD who was defected and was unable to detect that defect from any Software/benchmark software. Only thing i did was i cahnged each of my hardware one by one and performed testing. Finally after spending 15hours straight. I found SSD was the defected one. Now, its running very smooth. No issues.

Note: I was using only 1SSD of 960GB. I don't have Hard Disk in my PC. If you have Hard Disk try changing that or change SSD or SATA Cable. I'm sure it will work.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 1:29 AM, SanketSonu said:

@luzbelivo I found the problem. It was SSD who was defected and was unable to detect that defect from any Software/benchmark software. Only thing i did was i cahnged each of my hardware one by one and performed testing. Finally after spending 15hours straight. I found SSD was the defected one. Now, its running very smooth. No issues.

Note: I was using only 1SSD of 960GB. I don't have Hard Disk in my PC. If you have Hard Disk try changing that or change SSD or SATA Cable. I'm sure it will work.

Thanks.

Since that day i changed all of my components except the CPU and the problem is still there. I DON'T THINK is the CPU because when i do 3DMARK tests the frametime spikes  / stutter are NOT there. If it was a CPU problem it should happen everywhere and this is not happening. I don't know what else to do, i'm driving myself mad.

• 2 months later...
The problem is still continuing if you have solved the writer I'm having the same problems I'm having micro stuttering

This post is a few months old now but my next recommendation would've been swapping storage devices but it sounds like that was already done?

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

I'm experiencing the same problem I changed the motherboard and graphics card problem I'll test the same processor and power again I have tested all other hardware parts with other parts of the result I eat the same head interesting interesting graphics card and processor test programs, but let's come to a very stable test tests stuttering too much ?

• 2 weeks later...

@luzbelivo
Hey man, any luck? The way you're describing it seems like that I have same issue.

Please continue this thread, I'm having the same issues but it doesn't just happen in games, it's in every program and even on my desktop.

I have swapped everything in my computer including my SSD and am still having the issues. I have made other forum posts about this and no one seems to know whats wrong.

link to my forum: https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-and-stuttering-with-normal-use.1238626/

Wow, I've actually found a solution for me, please try this if you're having these issues, I ended up in a WOW forum about stuttering in game (I don't play WOW) and the last comment said to change the background from slideshow to picture. I cant believe my life has been this painful for 6 months now all because of my damn wallpaper! 

On 1/23/2020 at 12:45 PM, tomwebb64 said:

Wow, I've actually found a solution for me, please try this if you're having these issues, I ended up in a WOW forum about stuttering in game (I don't play WOW) and the last comment said to change the background from slideshow to picture. I cant believe my life has been this painful for 6 months now all because of my damn wallpaper! 

So to confirm, your stuttering issues went away after only changing your wallpaper to a still image? What processor do you have in your machine?

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

• 2 months later...

@luzbelivo

I know this thread is basically old now, but if you somehow still have these problems, and for anyone else having similar problems, try disabling nvidia high definition audio in device manager. I know it probably is the most least likely thing to cause the issue but you never know, because it actually reduced my stutter in CS:GO. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly problems, one thing still not tested for me and that is the format of the ssd / hard drive, Maybe GPT is the problem, i didnt ever remember this problem happened to me when i was using MBR format on my drives!, ill test it tomorrow.