Windows 10 won't accept my unused license

Coriander
I need some help activating windows. I recently purchased a laptop and wiped the SSD so I could install a fresh copy of windows 10 pro, and well, I did just that and entered a brand new license key, which was accepted. Afterwards, I updated to the latest version of windows only to have the activation menu tell me that the license is now invalid, the key won't work anymore for some reason.
It's also not giving me the option to activate through my microsoft account, which is the method I used to activate 10 Pro on my new ssd in my desktop very recently. I was told the digital license could be used on more than one pc, but the option just doesn't exist here, while the option to activate via account is present on my desktop. I can still activate windows with the key that came with the laptop, but that's for windows 10 home.

Screenshot_2.png?width=284&height=300

Well first of all, why do you even need pro? Just install home, it's literally the exact same thing without a bunch of crap you will never use.

Second, if you alreayd had windows on yourn laptop why would you buy a new license.........just save your money.....

Third, a digital license/key can only be used on one system at a time.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 hours ago, Enderman said:

Well first of all, why do you even need pro? Just install home, it's literally the exact same thing without a bunch of crap you will never use.

Second, if you alreayd had windows on yourn laptop why would you buy a new license.........just save your money.....

Third, a digital license/key can only be used on one system at a time.

I already had the key, I bought it a while back for $10

You bought a non-legitimate key and MS has revoked it.  When buying a key from the grey-market/non-authorised retailer there is a high risk of the key not working and you cant complain about it.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:44 AM, Coriander said:

It's also not giving me the option to activate through my microsoft account, which is the method I used to activate 10 Pro on my new ssd in my desktop very recently. I was told the digital license could be used on more than one pc, but the option just doesn't exist here, while the option to activate via account is present on my desktop. I can still activate windows with the key that came with the laptop, but that's for windows 10 home.

Does that mean you tried to activate same key on two PCs at the same time? Unless otherwise said, all keys are for single system at the time. Exception being volume keys which may or may not use license server (KMS). Both of these aren't to be sold to private users. Yet they are, but it's extremely rare for Microsoft to actually blacklist them.

So options here:

1. You are trying to have 2 PC activated at the same time. This won't work, you will need two keys.
  2. it's blacklisted key, or it's sold to another person who has activated it successfully.
  3. if 2 is correct, you have just lost $10. Suck it up.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv