Manjaro takes the next step

Hasmar04

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-is-taking-the-next-step/102105

The Manjaro team released a forum post detailing how they are changing some of the ways they operate:

The two main changes are:

1. To transfer donation funds to a non-profit “fiscal host” which will then accept and administer donations on the project’s behalf. This secures the donations and makes their use transparent.

2. A new established company, Manjaro GmbH & Co. KG, to enable full-time employment of maintainers and exploration of future commercial opportunities.

The whole team agrees that nothing should change for the running of the project or its relationship with the community. It will remain open and welcoming for all users and contributors.

They also state that Manjaro will still remain community driven and supported:

The mission and goals of Manjaro will remain the same as before – to support the collaborative development of Manjaro and its widespread use.

Hello from Down Under!

Lets hope that they wont turn in to Canonical, I hope they can survive on donations alone.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 hours ago, Hasmar04 said:
  1. To transfer donation funds to a non-profit “fiscal host” which will then accept and administer donations on the project’s behalf. This secures the donations and makes their use transparent.
  2. A new established company, Manjaro GmbH & Co. KG, to enable full-time employment of maintainers and exploration of future commercial opportunities.

That's pretty neat, I use Manjaro on my laptop but haven't though to donate nor look into the now-company side of things, maybe it's time I dive deeper.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

5 hours ago, sowon said:

That's pretty neat, I use Manjaro on my laptop but haven't though to donate nor look into the now-company side of things, maybe it's time I dive deeper.

I'm thinking the same. If it means these amazing maintainers get paid, I would consider giving them a donation. 

Hello from Down Under!

Cool to see my daily OS take steps forward for the devs :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

bless this mess