Do you think their will ever be a single world government?

Nine Tailed Fox

Only way I think it could ever happen if something like this happens

even then it didn't really work out lol.

Yes, I think it's eventually inevitable once interplanetary colonization becomes commonplace.

It'll take a long time though - perhaps hundreds of years. I feel it would also be rapidly accelerated in the event that either we discover advanced and intelligent extra terrestrial life that has reached a space fairing technology level, or we discover some form of FTL. I would also expect one to follow the other, and vice versa.

If we discover/invent FTL technology, we'll start spreading out and the chances of us running into a planet inhabited by aliens vastly increases.

On the flip side, if aliens ever come to Earth, for practical reasons, they'll have almost certainly invented FTL technology - at which point we would sooner or later trade, buy, steal, or capture, and reverse engineer their technology so that we would gain FTL tech as well.

I don't think a single world government is coming anytime soon, though. There are just too many superpowers that would never submit to a higher government that had any real power. It'll take either hundreds of years of social evolution, or some external devastating crisis or or influence that would cause us to set things aside and unite for self preservation reasons.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Nope. Too many incompatible ideologies. It is simply our nature to form small groups, and kill those that threaten the survival of our small group.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Hell no. Way too many conflicts and cultures that conflict with each other. Only possible way for a single government for the whole world to happen would be if it was an ethnostate of relatively similar cultures and races.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Like my prof in political studies said, "Everyone thinks differently." We won't ever see something like this happen, unless it was forced upon everyone. But then again, I hate getting into political stuff.

To add on with what I said; it is in our human nature to pursue our dreams without barriers, and conflicts happen due to different ideologies like everyone mentioned. But how do we achieve this balance you ask? We won't, as long as we all have different ideas. That brings us to why governments exists; to govern, to represent, provide stability and allow people to achieve their goals/dreams. But when you bring in laws and regulations in, it creates barriers for others, which is why freedom doesn't exist in this world. Removing the government, removes stability and order. Changing political ideology removes barriers, but creates barriers for others.

Nah, we hate each other too much for a naturally occurring one world government to take place.

乇乂丅尺卂 丅卄工匚匚

"Ever" is a very long time and no one could really say for sure. Do I think it could happen at some point before we destroy earth, probably, but if you told me I was wrong I wouldnt argue

If we can't agree on a colour of a dress or the correct spelling of colour, do you really think that's gonna happen any time soon? As long as we're human, it's not happening. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

39 minutes ago, veldora said:

the correct spelling of colour

You spelt it wrong twice.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

The UN is a mess, no thanks.

Also the only reason it hasn't crumbled is because the major players have vetos, and thus incentive to remain. You can't have a one world government where some have unequal powers.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

yes and no

yes, is the world will probably united around united states and european union as two central pillars, should major event happens, like alien contact or natural disaster.

no, is china with its lackey countries will form the new eastern bloc and keep oppressing their people while milking the greed of western nations to keep their already ultra-rich corporate-bureaucrat class alive and content.

should a sci-fi event happens, like the first contact on mars portraited in mass effect 2, if the Western discover the alien artifact that could bring big leap in technology, the american will alienates the Eastern Bloc and starve them to dead, or nearly dead, effectly make it back to 80s level, in order to make it play by the rules.

whereas when the chinese discover it, they will become the ultra-high-tech ultra-oppressive and ultra-hostile theocratic entity, but without a religion, like one of the faction in eve online.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

If the illuminati can do it, why not something real?