Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ImRefract

New GPU frame rate issues

Posted · Original PosterOP

I upgraded my gpu to an rx590 today and have been having some issues. I feel like I installed everything correctly, and my drivers are up to date. However, I get terrible FPS when playing games. My brother built a pc with the same specs this past week and is getting constantly around 100 FPS and above.

Specs

Ryzen 5 3600

Rx590 8gb

16g ddr4 ram

msi x570 motherboard

650w power supply 

What was your last PSU

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

Do you have the monitor plugged into the GPU or the motherboard? Do you have an appropriate PSU for that update? Did you completely remove the old drivers with DDU?

monitor is connected to gpu, bought the psu today along with gpu, and I removed old drivers. I don’t know what the problem could be

13 minutes ago, ImRefract said:

Old psu was 450w which is why I upgraded 

Whoops meant to say GPU lol

Although 450 watts is plenty for you, didn't need an upgrade, unless you went from a crap unit to a good one

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

37 minutes ago, ImRefract said:

I upgraded my gpu to an rx590 today and have been having some issues. I feel like I installed everything correctly, and my drivers are up to date. However, I get terrible FPS when playing games. My brother built a pc with the same specs this past week and is getting constantly around 100 FPS and above.

same rendering resolution and same settings?

Have you installed graphics drivers properly? no issues to report there?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 5.0ghz - 1.3v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

The drivers are up to date. I was thinking maybe the gpu wasn’t getting power but it says it is in Radeon settings so I don’t know

Check if Enhanced Sync or Radeon Chill is enabled.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |