I don't get why people like/want wirelesscharging?

Altruist

Wireless charging makes more sense than RGB SSDs. We have things because we can. That should be good enough.

19 hours ago, PotatoCanDo! said:

The only wireless charging I like is the Logitech Powerplay, that's how a wireless charger should work, keeping the device live forever with endless power wirelessly.

One great of technology by Logitech, well done..

They didn't invent or design anything special. It's just that mouse is always there on the mat so it can just be on top of coils the entire time. You can't have a phone that way...

So they have an extra feature to sell to you, in order to get you to buy their phone instead.

(Reverse wireless charging is awesome though.)

I know it's been said before, but for me it's the ability to just put my phone on a pad at work and have it charge up, but be able to grab it in a second when I get a called away from my desk.

My phone does get warm, but less so than when fast charging, and not uncomfortably so, so that's probably ok.

Some charging pads seem to generate more heat. The best I've found reasonably priced are from IKEA. The Silvercrest variant from Lidl (UK) is ok, but not as good as IKEA (although much thinner on the desk). Likewise for a 7W Anker pad. The worst charger I have is the one released for the Nexus 4, but that was a long while ago!

I had never intended on going for wireless charging, but the socket in my Nexus 4 became very unreliable, and as I still wanted it to work for data transfer that forced me to use wireless charging for a while. In that regard having the option made that phone last another 2 years for me.

When I travel I only ever take a cable and charger and plug in directly.

Personally I just like the convenience of being able to just put my phone down and charge it, if I get a call or whatever I can just pick it right back up.

Speed also isn't really a huge concern these days with some phones. My phone can charge wirelessly using 20w, it's not the crazy high figures we're seeing in some phones but many manufacturers are still using 18w quick charging. I can literally charge my phone faster wirelessly than some phones can charge with wires and Xiaomi are reportedly already working on 30w wireless charging.