Phanteks Eclipse P300 2nd Build

Madmartigan

For the longest time I've been a fan of the Phanteks series cases only, and even started my 1st gaming rig for twitch w/ the Phanteks Eclipse P400.

As time went on I wanted another pc build dedicated for business and personal use only, and didn't want it connected w/ my gaming. On my 2nd pc build I wanted to stay true to my love for heat-sink fans over the liquid cpu cooler regardless of how I enjoy over clocking. Since I went w/ the Phanteks Eclipse P300 I ended up loosing 2 airflow case fan locations, and only was able to fit in 4 normal 120mm air flow Case Fans down grading from the 140mm to save on space. 

Keep in mind AMD model ryzen builds usually do not have integrated graphic cards so you do need a GPU in order to run the monitors. Managed to use my older CPU which doesn't have an integrated graphics, but will be upgrading to either the ryzen 5 2400g or RYZEN 5 3400G soon since both have integrated graphics.

Note:
If you are using the mobo asrock ab350 PRO4 you will have to flash the newest bio in order to use the RYZEN 5 3400G or else it will not work.

Specs:
- Ryzen 5 1500x (Upgrading to RYZEN 5 3400G)
- Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB
- Asrock AB350 PRO4
- VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz (about to buy another 16GB kit to total 32GB)
- NEPTWIN V2 DEEPCOOL (blue LED removed) - w/ options to add in a 3rd static fan
- IC Graphite Thermal Pad 40X40 mm (decided not to go w/ the traditional thermal paste)
- Rosewill 120mm Case Fan 4-Pack (should have gone w/ Rosewill 140mm Case Fan 4-Pack)
- 20pcs Silicone Rubber Cooling Fan Mounts screws (for case fans)
- Asus PCE-AC68 PCIe 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter
- Phanteks PH-EC300PTG_BR Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass Steel ATX Mid Tower Case Black/Red
- Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-850FX 850W 80+ Gold (10 year warranty and small size are what sold me on it

SSD/HD:
- (2 X) Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive

- (1x) Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive

- (2X) SK Hynix SC311 SATA 128GB M.2 Solid State Drive

- (1X) DATARAM 240GB 2.5" SSD Drive Solid State Drive

Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 pro 64 bit (for new build)
- Windows 7 pro 64 bit (from old build)
- Linux Mint 19.2 (cinnamon) 64 bit (private use)

Note:
Each SSD/M.2 will have an OS installed on each one (w/ the 2nd M.2 as a spare), and the HDDs will act as general storage however the current windows 7 pro OS will remain on the same HDD as its storage partition for the time being till it can be cloned onto the extra M.2 stick.

Issues:
- Ram only maxed out to 2999Mhz, and if I attempted to raise it any higher both the OSs would not install correctly and or the system would keep crashing in a loop. 
- GPU was having issues w/ green artifacts (double bars) then crashing (solution was to use my sapphire 4g GPU till it is repaired w/ new drivers, thermal paste, and thermal pads)
- Amazon kept sending me the DEEPCOOL NEPTWIN WH CPU Air Cooler (TWICE) which delayed my build till they finally sent me the NEPTWIN V2 DEEPCOOL. (under a 2 week process)
- Mobo comes w/ 2 M.2 slots, and the 2nd slot has issues when running do to a mobo issue. (dedicated to only one at a time)
- Bio needed to be flashed w/ the newest Bio update (for future use w/ the RYZEN 5 3400G this Bio flash was needed, and without it that CPU will not function)

Goal:
Each SSD/M.2 will run a separate OS from the old guard (Win 7 pro) to the new guard (Win 10 pro), and have Linux Mint (converted to look like Win 7) act as a private OS for TOR. I prefer Win 7 over any other windows version which is why in win 10 I was lucky enough to install classic shell, and for Linux Mint 19.2 (Cinnamon) to have a win 7 theme as well for ease of use thanks to wine and other programs. 

Let me know what you think of this small build (non-gaming use)- since my 3rd build in the Phanteks case family will becoming later on sometimes in 2020.
Phanteks PH-EC416PSTG_BR Eclipse P400S Silent Edition with Tempered Glass, Black/Red Cases 

20190902_112124.jpg

20190902_112128.jpg

Edited by Madmartigan

As a side note I did not install a ryzen 7 1800x cpu in this build (ryzen 5 1500x was installed), and that box belongs to my 1st Phanteks Eclipse p400 build instead. 
(was used as a storage box for spare ryzen CPU parts)