Still can't get over how fast my nvme drive is lol

Nine Tailed Fox

NVme drives are significantly faster than mechanical drives in most aspects except for the part where the drive stumbles under many consecutive small files like internet caches or piles of C/HTML/JS code/intermediate files.

Always fun seeing a 32GB Outlook PST file "apparently has frozen" during copying, only to make the disk copy speedometer go from "9 days" to "15 seconds"

A 2.4GB/s NVMe is about as fast as SATA SSD at 550MB/s. It's IOPS that matters, not raw throughput unless sequential is what you need specifically. And when you boil it down to random access, they are about the same unless you have some absurd sceario where SATA overhead and tiny larger latency starts to build up. Given you had a HDD, of course you're amazed :P You'd be amazed by SATA SSD as well :P

The longer you wait to upgrade the larger the performance difference. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

49 minutes ago, mr moose said:

The longer you wait to upgrade the larger the performance difference. 

HDD's were overdue like 10 years ago lol... I think that's roughly time when I had ACER Aspire One netbook and I stuffed Intel's 80GB SSD in it instead of factory 160GB 5400RPM HDD. Damn that thing became fast all of a sudden. Basically HDD's are the main reason why laptops generally sucked so hard. They were and still are main bottleneck and it's even more apparent there since there are other benefits. Vibrations, hot keyboard, poor resistance to shocks, noise, all this is solved by SSD.