Where to find good RGB fan controller for Deepcool fans?

PCproverbial

My motherboard doesn't have an RBG header, so the fan controller would need to work without one.

My fans are from the brand Deepcool (2x RF120s and 6x RF140s), and I bought the Deepcool FH-10 fan controller but it does not have RGB functionality. I also tried the Coolermaster RGB LED fan controller but the pins on it are slightly different from the pins on my fans (pins on the controller are round-- pins on the fans are square).

So, I'm looking for an RGB fan controller that will work without the RGB header on the motherboard, and that isn't the Coolermaster controller. I would really like to be able to use the RGB on the Deepcool fans I have, so if you have any ideas don't hesitate. Thanks

Sadly there's no universal RGB controller. You are stuck with controller that is included with fans. Until you upgrade mobo. Hardware controllers only work with fans from same manufacturer.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Found the solution. It is severely limited in a way that the Asus Aura software would not be, but it works at a basic level. The fans came with RGB 3-button hardware controllers that I didn't recognize as being fan controllers, as well as a 4-pin standard fan to 4-pin RGB adapter, but that I had forgotten about. Thanks

On 9/6/2019 at 11:31 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Sadly there's no universal RGB controller. You are stuck with controller that is included with fans. Until you upgrade mobo. Hardware controllers only work with fans from same manufacturer.

Are you sure about that? As far as I can see from looking at the electronics, all the RGB fans seem to use very similar chipsets. Surely to be compatible with motherboard headers they need to all work in the same way.

52 minutes ago, Phill104 said:

Are you sure about that? As far as I can see from looking at the electronics, all the RGB fans seem to use very similar chipsets. Surely to be compatible with motherboard headers they need to all work in the same way.

They do power up, but controlling only works if it's mentioned. That part isn't from cable, it's the PCB inside the fan. Besides that, CM, Corsair and others use proprietary connectors that only work with their own products. So far there isn't any standard, except that 5v 4-pin generic header on mobos for power.

Ofc, this is purely based on reading product descriptions, manuals and threads on the forums asking for alternative when controlling doesn't work. So no, I'm not 100% sure and will be glad if things have changed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

They do power up, but controlling only works if it's mentioned. That part isn't from cable, it's the PCB inside the fan. Besides that, CM, Corsair and others use proprietary connectors that only work with their own products. So far there isn't any standard, except that 5v 4-pin generic header on mobos for power.

Ofc, this is purely based on reading product descriptions, manuals and threads on the forums asking for alternative when controlling doesn't work. So no, I'm not 100% sure and will be glad if things have changed.

I've looked through quite a few last night and while cabling is different, not to too much extent that it isn't possible to adjust. The 12v ones are not addressable so there should be little compatibility problems with those. The 5v ones all have a data input and power. In almost all cases the fans are compatible with the various headers on mobo's from the main manufacturers so they must comply to certain standards there. As such I cannot see why fan controllers would be any different.

Like you, I can only go with specifications and circuit diagrams etc as I have only connected directly to motherboards.