are there extra charges importing to ireland from amazon.de

Ben17
Go to solution Solved by Ben17,

with the amazon items the charges already been paid

the MKTP sellers you pay once you receive the items

just checked with amazon.de now

Does anyone know if there are extra charges importing from amazon.de once you recieve the item (importing to Ireland)? Thanks Ben

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Ireland is within the EU, but not Schengen. So there is no 'free travel of product and person' from Schengen countries.

Checking the Amazon (DE) website, it seems like taxes should be applied together with the shipping costs: https://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200170100#GUID-F712B4A9-33E3-4F57-8C7F-A6D0A47F5550__SECTION_BD5261D0F4734BADA9B44C20681895C4

Translated (using Google Translate):

The applicable value added tax is included in the shipping costs.

Just scroll about halfway through the page to see the Ireland part, which also shows shipping costs.

Import tax(es) are not mentioned, as far as I can see.

I would contact the seller (which could be Amazon or a third party) to confirm anything though. I don't have experience with this, so I could very well be wrong.

EDIT: Oops, forgot Schengen was only for free travel of person, not product.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

As both are members of the EU and part of the customs union, there's no additional import taxes.

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Translated (using Google Translate):

Just scroll about halfway through the page to see the Ireland part, which also shows shipping costs.

Import tax(es) are not mentioned, as far as I can see.

I would contact the seller (which could be Amazon or a third party) to confirm anything though. I don't have experience with this, so I could very well be wrong.

VAT is added as standard, but there's no import taxes between countries in the customs union as items are in free circulation. 

7 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Ireland is within the EU, but not Schengen

Thanks

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

with the amazon items the charges already been paid

the MKTP sellers you pay once you receive the items

just checked with amazon.de now

21 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

As both are members of the EU and part of the customs union

just checked with amazon now

with the amazon items the charges already been paid and the MKTP sellers you pay once you receive the items.