Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arnekick

HDD to SSD

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi,

I am currently trying to upgrade my boot drive i have an HDD with windows 7 pro and i am trying to put the whole operation system on an ssd and boot this one so my system is a little faster.

Are there any good tools to do this?

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, arnekick said:

Hi,

I am currently trying to upgrade my boot drive i have an HDD with windows 7 pro and i am trying to put the whole operation system on an ssd and boot this one so my system is a little faster.

Are there any good tools to do this?

Thanks in advance

If your SSD came with a drive cloning software like Acronis, you can use that to essentially migrate your OS install from the SSD onto the HDD. If not, you can use Clonezilla. 

http://www.clonezilla.org/

Clonezilla is a freeware solution with a rather clunky UI, and Acronis is a simple to use, yet expensive solution. 

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Mojave Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 250GB WD SATA | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 7 Ultimate | Kali Linux

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (8.0) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4)