Outside the wheel house

Donut417

My parents have a Pioneer VSX-406. Its a very old receiver. So old that we cant use it for 3.1 surround any more. But we are hoping to use it for music. Besides the 3 bose speakers and Sub, we have two other speakers in another part of the house. The receiver has an A/B switch, for switching between the two. Recently my mom has tried to connect the FM antenna. YES, there are people who still listen to the radio. The problem was the antenna's leads were damaged, so she threw it away. 

Judging by the manual, which I still have the original. It seem the FM connector is similar to the speakers. There is a clip you press down or up and you insert bare wire in to the receiver. The issue is, I cant find an antenna with 2 bare wires that would fit. As it seems newer FM antennas use some kinda of BNC looking connector. Looking for a cheap solution. Or an alternative. 

I do run a Plex server btw, if that can be utilized some how. We are not necessarily married to the receiver, but she will most likely not buy another one. Would be nice if we can use the speakers as they are already mounted to the wall. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

do you have some old speaker wire? thats all you need just 2 lengths of wire, strip one end on each and clip it in

the antenna she threw away..the leads could have been cut off and wire stripped, fixed...the leads were just fancier ends on wire....hell you can take the wire that is stripped and  coat them in solder to make new ends.

8 hours ago, circeseye said:

do you have some old speaker wire

My dad has tons. So Ill try that and see what happens. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.