Windows 7 install stuck

kirbydude47

I decided to reinstall Windows 7 on my older pc and when it got stuck at completing installation , what do I do to make it finish the install. It got stuck for about 25 minutes and not finishing

Just now, Windows7ge said:

What are you using as an install media? CD? USB? If USB what did you use to create it?

Cd

1 minute ago, kirbydude47 said:

Cd

What made you decide to re-install? Sluggish? BSOD? Do you have another HDD/SSD to try installing to?

Im using the same install disc that I used to reinstall Windows 7 last year and had no probems

Just now, Windows7ge said:

What made you decide to re-install? Sluggish? BSOD? Do you have another HDD/SSD to try installing to?

Very slow

Just now, kirbydude47 said:

Very slow

Also I got a new pc and giving this one to my brother, still works good but just wanted to give him a fresh pc

Very slow

HDD? Was it particularly full (>80%)? So far it sounds like the drive might have errors. This would be the beginning phase of a failing HDD.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

HDD? Was it particularly full (>80%)? So far it sounds like the drive might have errors. This would be the beginning phase of a failing HDD.

It w as about 25% full

Not sure what to do, I have to leave to work soon and not sure if I should just leave it on if it might get unstuck or should I just restart o r force restart or is that bad 

2 minutes ago, kirbydude47 said:

It w as about 25% full

Unless it was loaded with bloatware or viruses it being sluggish isn't a good sign.

Do you have another HDD/SSD around you can try installing to? It doesn't have to be a permanent install just one to test if the install completes properly on a different drive.

If you get lucky sometimes it's just the SATA cable. Replacing that sometimes fixes it.

Not sure what to do, I have to leave to work soon and not sure if I should just leave it on if it might get unstuck or should I just restart o r force restart or is that bad 

You can leave it. Worst case scenario it locks up and you have to hard shut it down. Best case scenario it somehow unsticks itself and finishes the install.