Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hyncharas

Bug with "SCAR III Giveaway"

Posted · Original PosterOP

So tonight I entered the SCAR III Giveaway as part of LTT's tour of the ROG Design Center.  I've managed to complete four of the entries, but the video from Facebook won't show properly.  Since I didn't know which one it was, I searched for "mothership" through the ASUS Republic of Gamers video page and watched them all, just to make sure, but this doesn't work either.  I've created a screenshot below to show what it did on my login:

LTT x ROG Contest Bug [4th Sept 2019].png

LTT should take care in the future to make sure all entries work, as this is an uncommon issue with Gleam contests.

Posted · Original PosterOP

No idea... not me, at any rate.

As I understand, the prize organisers are under no obligation to inform the community who received it.

27 minutes ago, Anand Kalsait said:

but my entries were completed without any problem 

anyways, what about the winner????????????????

if you didn't get contacted you didn't win.

LMG don't have to announce the winner, nor do i think they should.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:04 AM, Arika S said:

if you didn't get contacted you didn't win.

LMG don't have to announce the winner, nor do i think they should.

There's a thing about fake giveaways, but as many of these are from brands with LMG acting as media only, we can probably trust them. And I think there would be big controversy if winners wouldn't receive their prizes.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, Arika S said:

True, but knowing how much it gets asked on the forums, it would open the winner up to harassment from people who are pissed they didn't win and feel entitled to it

Tags @Fasauceome because IIRC they won an 8086K and I didn't 😡

X58 Madlads: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: General X99 Xeon/i7 Discussion 

Current Rig: 

Spoiler

i7 5820K on a Heatkiller IV Pro Acetal
EVGA X99 Classified
32GB (4x8) 3200Mhz CL16 HyperX Predator DDR4
Radeon VII on an EK Acetal block and black EK backplate 
250GB 960 Evo, 1TB 970 Evo
Corsair RM1000i

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG, Grey
EK D5 pump/res combo, EK-ZMT tubing, EK stubby barb fittings, 360 and 120mm GTS stealth rads, 4x Noctua iPPC NF-F12s

Folding Rig:

Spoiler

X5670 on an Intel stock cooler
EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI
24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage 1600MHz CL9 DDR3
EVGA 1660 Ti XC Ultra
EVGA 1050 Ti FTW
EVGA 1600W T2, a totally reasonable wattage for this
PSU mount and mobo tray screwed to plywood

Legacy shoutouts cuz muh nostalgia won't let me delete them:

Spoiler

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, LGA1366 Xeons, and X chipsets: @WhisperingKnickers.

37 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Tags @Fasauceome because IIRC they won an 8086K and I didn't 😡

Tradesies, if you find a gold sample 4790K and a decent Z97 board for it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

Tradesies, if you find a gold sample 4790K and a decent Z97 board for it.

Only Haswell I have is a 5820K and an untested 5960X that turned out dead (was a 50/50 chance it was living, but still sad it died) 😢

X58 Madlads: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: General X99 Xeon/i7 Discussion 

Current Rig: 

Spoiler

i7 5820K on a Heatkiller IV Pro Acetal
EVGA X99 Classified
32GB (4x8) 3200Mhz CL16 HyperX Predator DDR4
Radeon VII on an EK Acetal block and black EK backplate 
250GB 960 Evo, 1TB 970 Evo
Corsair RM1000i

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG, Grey
EK D5 pump/res combo, EK-ZMT tubing, EK stubby barb fittings, 360 and 120mm GTS stealth rads, 4x Noctua iPPC NF-F12s

Folding Rig:

Spoiler

X5670 on an Intel stock cooler
EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI
24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage 1600MHz CL9 DDR3
EVGA 1660 Ti XC Ultra
EVGA 1050 Ti FTW
EVGA 1600W T2, a totally reasonable wattage for this
PSU mount and mobo tray screwed to plywood

Legacy shoutouts cuz muh nostalgia won't let me delete them:

Spoiler

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, LGA1366 Xeons, and X chipsets: @WhisperingKnickers.

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

There's a thing about fake giveaways, but as many of these are from brands with LMG acting as media only, we can probably trust them. And I think there would be big controversy if winners wouldn't receive their prizes.

Myself or Jono post about 95% of the giveaways, and I can confirm that they're legit. We wouldn't do them if they weren't. There's no point, and no real gain from our side unless people actually get their prizes.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:36 PM, Anand Kalsait said:

but my entries were completed without any problem 

anyways, what about the winner????????????????

We drew the winner yesterday and he responded to our outreach email, so you didn't win I'm afraid. :( We can probably do a better job in the future of announcing "we've drawn x winner for x winner" here and on social in the future.

Its tough because we'd like to announce all winners, but some winners don't have a forum account or social media account, and we also extend the option for winners to let us know that they're not comfortable having their name or username be announced.