i want to pop my water cooling cherry, but can it be done under $200

I was going to suggest the Eisberg before I read all your post.. but anyways, what case do you have ?

but I doubt you will be satisfied with a 200$ loop..

I see the others are talking about the D5 pump.. its a really good and powerfull pump.. but as people say its preobably the most expensive pump out there.. :P but another option is its littlebrother MCP355 I think it is. should be a good pump as well.. its a little cheaper and doesnt take up as much room.. :)

well if i take out the hard drive cages. unscrew the midbar that they rest on, machine a few pieces of aluminum to mount it and cut a massive hole a can fit a 240mm with room to spare, a 280mm looks pretty cramped, ill have to measure when i can actually find a bloody ruler

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

place the rad on top of your case, or mount 2 rads on that one 140mm spot.

you wont be so limited if you build outside your case ;)

DSC_1219.jpg

that starts to defeat the point of having a small case in the first place, portability

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I was going to suggest the Eisberg before I read all your post.. but anyways, what case do you have ?

but I doubt you will be satisfied with a 200$ loop..

I see the others are talking about the D5 pump.. its a really good and powerfull pump.. but as people say its preobably the most expensive pump out there.. :P but another option is its littlebrother MCP355 I think it is. should be a good pump as well.. its a little cheaper and doesnt take up as much room.. :)

ohh, I forgot about the drive bays in that case..

how wide is the case? its not wide enough a shroud like that 280mm koolance to be oriented from side to side, so to speak..?

(Comming soon)

I've looked into it, it's going to vary between $250 and $350, depending on what you are getting and whether they are used or not.

DSC_1219.jpg

yeah thats true, but it isn´t that big as mine when you fit a slim radiator on top. its still portable.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

try selling your kuhler 620. it will give you a bit moor room in your budget.

and yes, second handed stuff isn't that bad and a D5 (mcp655) pump, would practicly never break. but those aren't cheap. even second handed.

I think you can get psychological help insured :P

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

DSC_1219.jpg

What res and pump is in that?

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

DSC_1219.jpg

Res: phobya balancer 150

Pump: laing mcp655

Well, I'd advise you to wait and save up some more money, doing a decent loop for 200$ seems quite impossible. I spent about 4x that and it's not done yet. A 360x60mm rad and some compressionfittings and you are close to 200$... You'll need tubing, fans, blocks, res, a pump and so on. Shoot to about 500$ and get something that will last a while, so you can add in stuff in the future and don't have to start all over again ;)
We are alike then ;P All the money I can grabble up from my student-income go straight into my pc ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...