5700 xt can someone explain these clocks pls?

TOPET3

Hi, I recently bought a sapphire pulse 5700 xt, after waiting a lot, coming from a gtx 1060 6gb. Me questions are:

Why the core clock is so low when I am playing some low requirement games at 144fps (like paladins, i know...) and makes the game stutter?

I am talking like 200MHz. When the 1060 was on max turbo (1886Mhz) always when gaming and causing 0 stutter or flickering and with better and stable frametimes. Shame.

Or maybe has nothing to do with the low clock, any tip?

And on the other hand the memory clock is always max out, even at idle. If I go from 144Hz on monitor setting to 60Hz, memory clocks downclocks normally. Is this something to worry?

capture.jpg

Edited by TOPET3
added cap

Did you DDU in safe mode before changing GPUs?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Yes I did use DDU first to install drivers, I touch wattman settings and the gpu temps went crazy. I reinstall and never touch wattman again...

By the way Control works fine clock max out, 60fps on 2k (if you quit afterburner), but BOTW on cemu is unplayable, like 0-2fps 1080p, when i was cap at 48fps 1440p. :´(

21 minutes ago, TOPET3 said:

like paladins

The game is not intensive enough, try force some extra eye candy from Radeon setting like forced 8x MSAA or something. 

22 minutes ago, TOPET3 said:

If I go from 144Hz on monitor setting to 60Hz, memory clocks downclocks normally. Is this something to worry?

Yeah that's normal for AMD card, try use 120hz instead.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

15 minutes ago, TOPET3 said:

Yes I did use DDU first to install drivers, I touch wattman settings and the gpu temps went crazy. I reinstall and never touch wattman again...

By the way Control works fine clock max out, 60fps on 2k (if you quit afterburner), but BOTW on cemu is unplayable, like 0-2fps 1080p, when i was cap at 48fps 1440p. :´(

Breath of the Wild is not a PC game.cant really base anything on it.

Anyhow, set your pc to high performance and use Radeon settings to make paladins slightly more demanding..the game is so light that your system is likely entering a low power state cause the load is too low.

4 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

The game is not intensive enough, try force some extra eye candy from Radeon setting like forced 8x MSAA or something. 

I know I tried upscaling resolution and same outcome. But that is no excuse for a 420€ card to perform worst than an almost 3 years old 1060, no?

16 minutes ago, TOPET3 said:

BOTW on cemu is unplayable, like 0-2fps 1080p, when i was cap at 48fps 1440p. :´(

you will have to find the right packs to get Cemu to run BOTW. keep in mind your old install of BOTW is made for Nvidia GPUs and not AMD ones. 

havent kept up with the GCN optimizations in a while, might take a look at some point. 

7 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

note, this setting can be applied on a per game basis. just in case OP didnt know. 

The game was already max out when using old gpu. Only thing that was missing was 200% scale resolution and did nothing. I will try to tinker more with radeon profile and put some youtube videos on background ?.

I know is a shitty game but i play a lot, and with that and all the Alt+Tab crashes and the freesync and monitoring sw flickering idk im thinking of returning it...

10 minutes ago, TOPET3 said:

I know I tried upscaling resolution and same outcome. But that is no excuse for a 420€ card to perform worst than an almost 3 years old 1060, no?

Not really. Same thing would happen with a 2070 Super when running very light software. The card will down lock to save power

1 minute ago, TOPET3 said:

The game was already max out when using old gpu. Only thing that was missing was 200% scale resolution and did nothing. I will try to tinker more with radeon profile and put some youtube videos on background ?.

I know is a shitty game but i play a lot, and with that and all the Alt+Tab crashes and the freesync and monitoring sw flickering idk im thinking of returning it...

What are your other specs? Flickering and crashing isn't really normal

8 minutes ago, TOPET3 said:

Upscaling doesn't increase graphic load.

Try this, in Radeon Setting create a profile for Paladin then set Anti Aliasing Mode to Override and AA Method to Supersampling or Multisampling. 

Or turn on VSR and play the game on 4K. 

Or last resort, download GPU-Z and turn on Render test while playing Warframe. 

16 minutes ago, TOPET3 said:

I know is a shitty game

I loved Paladin. I had similar problem playing Paladin with my 980 Ti.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

13 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Not really. Same thing would happen with a 2070 Super when running very light software. The card will down lock to save power

Are you telling me that I have to expect high and unstable frametimes from a 5700xt, even a 2070super, than a 1060? Really?

16 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

What are your other specs? Flickering and crashing isn't really normal

I know never happen to me, specs are: ryzen 5 1600 3.7GHz, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, m.2 nvem, 2k 144Hz msi optix.

1060 was working perfectly no alt+tab crashes, stable frametimes. Never had a proper gaming ati gpu and i was willing to let nvidia but this is unappealing.

3 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Upscaling doesn't increase graphic load.

Try this, in Radeon Setting create a profile for Paladin then set Anti Aliasing Mode to Override and AA Method to Supersampling or Multisampling. 

Or turn on VSR and play the game on 4K. 

Or last resort, download GPU-Z and turn on Render test while playing Warframe. 

I loved Paladin. I had similar problem playing Paladin with my 980 Ti.

Was trying that, and cause the launcher dont detect profile, press F11 to minimize and change global settings and pc crash (twice right now) i had to press reset button.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Are you using beta drivers? Install tha latest whal onea

19.8.2 Im pressing update about all the time...

9 minutes ago, TOPET3 said:

19.8.2 Im pressing update about all the time...

Try last month's 18 drivers. You are currently running beta drivers...

28 minutes ago, TOPET3 said:

Was trying that, and cause the launcher dont detect profile, press F11 to minimize and change global settings and pc crash (twice right now) i had to press reset button.

You need to manually point the game exe, not launcher.

54 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Try last month's 18 drivers. You are currently running beta drivers...

Ok I am gonna try 18.12.3 but the one that amd is pushing on their page is the 19. 

36 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

You need to manually point the game exe, not launcher.

Yea I tried launcher, and 64b binari but global seems to override the settings... 

I tried version 18 but 'Installer cannot properly identify the AMD graphics hardware'

Version 18 is not for the 5700 series... You have to use 19.

You're probably going to need to go into wattman again, and do a few manual tweaks, because it should never drop below 800MHz.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

I been tinkering with wattman and saw the curve min value is 800Mhz. But mine is 5-20MHz. And I put some 8k video but keeps the same and video stutter a lot. Whatever i do on wattman dont applies. You can see a clock of 16 and a peak of 227 during the video.

Untitlessd.jpg

• 2 months later...

im haveing the same problems with my reference msi 5700 xt