Wan show travels!!

NickerV

Would it be to much trouble to pick 4 cities a year to have a Live audience Wan Show? like one every 3 months ? Just a suggestion. I understand LMG has already got plenty of other projects coming soon.

But if this sounds like a great idea, i think it would also help grow the channel and LMG it self. Maybe even allow one lucky Fan to actually be on the show with linus and luke. I mean if you can pull off a LTX 2019 .... 4 cities a year for a Wan show gotta be doable. to make it even easier 1 of the four could be LTX so that way its not a hassle.  As many people that came out for LTX im sure you would get plenty to come out to a live WanShow!!! 

Come on everybody lets get them to make WAN SHOW TRAVEL!!!!! lol 

The WAN show was supposed to be something EASY to make at the end of the work day on a Friday in relaxed atmosphere, also giving them a way to not produce/release a regular video that day. 

Traveling and promising something like you're thinking of would involve at least another person making travel arrangements, paying for tickets to that location, renting a motel/hotel room for two days or more (because you don't just pop in a town and go away after the WAN show), being away from work for that period of time. It's not easy.

I suppose something could be done if LTT goes to some trade shows like Computex or CES or whatever, and just meet in a mall or someplace (like reserve a small hotel conference room for a few hours in advance but if it's a tradehow or something in that town prices would be high due to demand)

11 minutes ago, NickerV said:

i think it would also help grow the channel

You know the channel is allready big enough that they cant do scrapyard wars right?

Like it could help, but there is a lot of cost involved. 

Also, im pretty sure Wanshow is a thing they do for fun and small community interactions.

5 hours ago, mariushm said:

I suppose something could be done if LTT goes to some trade shows like Computex or CES or whatever, and just meet in a mall or someplace (like reserve a small hotel conference room for a few hours in advance but if it's a tradehow or something in that town prices would be high due to demand)

CES would probably be fine. Takes a lot to fill Las Vegas. Even something that is not open to the public. Just a bunch of there YouTube and industry fiends as quests.  

they cant even manage to start on time without having to travel for it. 

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Yes it would be. Scheduling anything outside of their normal travels would be just too much. Or it would be James and Riley with camcorder from 2008 (since neither knows how to operate camera). Let me go through why its not easy or good idea, and what would be required to even do it LTX style outside LTX:

• Scheduling. Linus has talked about their scheduling in WAN Shows. In worst times he travels to manufacturer press events weekly. While its usually two man group, Linus and Brandon/David, thats two persons off the crew for 2-3 days at the time. Getting minimal value event in there is not gonna happen. How often you see TV talk/morning shows doing events outside their home studio?
  • Money. Flying crew out, or even just renting place nearby is not cheap. Plus all the equipment and exra personel needed. Its gonna be really expensive to do for WAN only even  with sponsors.
  • Logistics. Touched this kinda already. Having event with audience is far different from doing it without one from studio. Or doing it in studio with smaller audience. They would need extra things. Like place, equipment, security and other extra personnel. Doing it at Vancouver is easier as they already know some places, but reserving place still needs to be done months to year advance as Fridays are popular for other events too. Doing things outside Canada is even bigger thing.

In order to be a thing:

• They need to have crew already going on some other event making it worth their time. Like CES, Computex or some other such event.
  • The event needs to co-operate with them by allowing them to reserve suitable place. I think that will rule out CES as LV is probably overbooked already during that event.
  • It will need to be paid event. Just like with Roast, they would need to make sure only those who actually want to get there, will be there. Open and free will have more tendency to bring in crowds and problems.

If you think those other channels and productions and think which of them make shows on location, they don't do it often. I follow few productions. So Tested has their long live show once a year. So LTX-style. FBE has their own fan meetup once a year and meetup during Vidcon. So LXT-style and CES/Computex-style but with event actually being more toward fan meetings.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv