NVIDIA 2060 SUPER Windforce noisy at high RPM

Arktius

Hej Ho!

I have the Windforce 2060 SUPER installed and it works fine, except the fan noise. I have the 0db version, which turns off the fans in idle mode. At high workload (>90%) the fans are spinning quite fast and I hear a whiring/buzzing which is bothering me. I decided to buy a bequiet silent wings 3 140mm with 1000RPM and installed it at the side of my case blowing air in directly to the GPU. This hasn't solved my problem unfortunately. I know I can adjust the fan speed of the GPU manually, but I think this would automatically reduce its performance. 

What do you guys think about this? Should I decrease the fan speed and check whether it has an impact on the performance?

My system:

CoolerMaster HAF912 PLUS Midi Tower

Fans:

Front - 200mm intake

Side - 140mm intake

Rear (top) - 120mm exhaust

Top (middle) - 120mm exhaust (my old CPU fan)

Fan speeds are increasing with higher CPU temperatures. (GPU heats up the CPU of course)

3700X with stock cooler and settings are installed

GPU fan speed is between 1870 and 1970 at highest. The noise starts from 1700 approximately. 

If you need further details, just let me know it. 

What temperature is it targeting? If it's shooting for like 70 degrees it's spinning the fans real fast, but you could be operating at 80 degrees and there wouldn't be an issue.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

What are your temperatures? What I would personally do is to set the max fan rpm where you can tolerate it and let the card throttle to its heart content. Undervolting and underclocking jut a little bit are absolutely great ways to lower the temperatures without hindering performance too much.

Also, it might just be that you need to reapply the thermal paste.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

• 2 weeks later...

@Fasauceome CPU 74°C and GPU 72°C were the highest temperatures after running benchmarks for 15 minutes. With a single fan located at the rear of the case, I had these temperatures: CPU 84°C and GPU 80°C. I think everything below 80°C is totally fine.

@Allshevski Do you know a tool for adjusting the CPU fan speed? I can set it in the BIOS, but there are just 4 options there. I'd like to configure it in steps of 5°C.

My problem has solved. I've accidentally touched the fans and the noise is gone. xD 2150RPM was the highest speed and the noise level is fine. I've installed the Aorus Engine software to configure the fan speeds.

HWMonitor.txt