FX 8350 + RX 580 Silent Air build

Naori

Since my laptop died, I recovered my old 2013 build with an 8350, 8Gbs of ram and slapped a Power vision RX 580 onto it, problem is that the cooling is not so great, and I want it to be as quiet as possible, so I have 3 doubts

1.What CPU Cooler should I get for this CPU? (Arround 40$ for that)

2. Since my PowerVision RX 580 Red Dragon GPu is very loud under load, I was thinking of buying this https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Accelero-Graphics-Efficient-DCACO-V820001-GBA01/dp/B00IEO8H22

But I'm not sure if it will fit and if it's worth it.

3. I was thinking of buying 4 Noctuafans for the case, one rear one front and two on top, should I get the brown ones or the black ones? 

Thank you very much, I consider myself a noon when it comes to cooling

3 minutes ago, Naori said:

You would be much better off spending all of that money upgrade to at least an R5 1600 or R5 2600 ~$125 with a ~$80 motherboard, and ~$60-70 of 3000mhz DDR4 memory.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

What case are you using, how is the airflow setup, and what are your load temps?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

42 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You would be much better off spending all of that money upgrade to at least an R5 1600 or R5 2600 ~$125 with a ~$80 motherboard, and ~$60-70 of 3000mhz DDR4 memory.

Thanks, but I am fine with my old FX for now, and I I'm sure most of this things will help me the day I finally make the jump to Ryzen

50 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case are you using, how is the airflow setup, and what are your load temps?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Currently I'm using the Azza Toledo 301, it supports one front 120mm, one rear 120mm two 120mm on top, and a 250mm side fan, I only have front and rear for now.

CPU under prime95 stays between 60° and 68°

Gpu under Furmark stays on 74° , and on 65° under Shadow of the tomb raider benchmark.

The throwdown is, that's the system is veeeeery loud.

Oh yeah forgot about shipping, normally I buy on Newegg/Amazon/eBay and then ship it to my home country (which belive it or not is still more cheap than buying local)

9 minutes ago, Naori said:

Thanks, but I am fine with my old FX for now, and I I'm sure most of this things will help me the day I finally make the jump to Ryzen

You can replace the cooler with a FUMA 2, which will still work on AM4 in the future.

https://www.amazon.com/Scythe-Fuma-Heatsinks-120mm-Cooler/dp/B07RFNG89S

Otherwise there's no real point in replacing your GPU heatsink. You can undervolt your GPU, and use Radeon Chill to reduce it's power usage/fan noise.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Naori said:

Currently I'm using the Azza Toledo 301, it supports one front 120mm, one rear 120mm two 120mm on top, and a 250mm side fan, I only have front and rear for now.

Gpu under Furmark stays on 74° , and on 65° under Shadow of the tomb raider benchmark.

Oh yeah forgot about shipping, normally I buy on Newegg/Amazon/eBay and then ship it to my home country (which belive it or not is still more cheap than buying local)

11 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You can replace the cooler with a FUMA 2, which will still work on AM4 in the future.

https://www.amazon.com/Scythe-Fuma-Heatsinks-120mm-Cooler/dp/B07RFNG89S

Otherwise there's no real point in replacing your GPU heatsink. You can undervolt your GPU, and use Radeon Chill to reduce it's power usage/fan noise.

Man, that one looks badass, I can't seem to find information on the loudness but I'm going to assume it's dead silent, and future proof too, I quite like it.

Alright, so maybe replacing the going heatsink is not worth it, I'm going to try and see buts it's hard to measure since the stock and cooler is so loud already.

5 minutes ago, Naori said:

Man, that one looks badass, I can't seem to find information on the loudness but I'm going to assume it's dead silent, and future proof too, I quite like it.

Alright, so maybe replacing the going heatsink is not worth it, I'm going to try and see buts it's hard to measure since the stock and cooler is so loud already.

Chill just lowers  your fps when you aren't doing any inputs to a game, so it makes your card quieter like half the time.

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Chill just lowers  your fps when you aren't doing any inputs to a game, so it makes your card quieter like half the time.

Okay, my final question would be about the case fans, should I get two Noctuas F12 or 3 P12s?

2 hours ago, Naori said:

Okay, my final question would be about the case fans, should I get two Noctuas F12 or 3 P12s?

As long as you have a fan in the mesh part of that case it'll be fine cooling wise, just save the rest of your money for upgrading to Ryzen, or get a case like the H500 from coolermaster with it's 2 200mm fans

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Naori said:

Oh yeah forgot about shipping, normally I buy on Newegg/Amazon/eBay and then ship it to my home country (which belive it or not is still more cheap than buying local)

Your graphics card temps are fine. There's enough headroom to lower fan speeds.

You can probably get away with just upgrading the cpu cooler. The Macho Direct is a great option: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TsL7YJ/thermalright-cpu-cooler-machodirect

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.