borderlands 3 case

TechBruhE

https://www.microcenter.com/product/448915/Carbide_SPEC-02_Redshift_Special_Edition_ATX_Mid-Tower_Computer_Case_-_Black so i bought this case today, specifically for painting it themed after borderlands 3, basing it off of the coverart for the game, for the side panels, im going to paint it like the blue sky/clouds and the roses across the bottoms, but then the case itself, like the frame, and the front plastic panel, i was thinking of painting it yellow, from the outside, just cant quite make up my mind if i should do blue on the interior or yellow. I will be doing accents in orange, gold, gray, and red, plan to outline everything with black. basically just stuck on what to do to the interior. came with red led fans, tempted to buy purple led fans, but idk

just open to suggestions

sounds like a fun project! not sure what to recommend other than i'd suggest getting rgb fans. If you get tired of purple, you can switch to something else. As far as painting goes, thats all up to you. i do like the idea of a rustic yellow for the frame. whatever you do, make sure to post it here when you're done :) good luck!!

On 8/31/2019 at 11:49 PM, Derrk said:

sounds like a fun project! not sure what to recommend other than i'd suggest getting rgb fans. If you get tired of purple, you can switch to something else. As far as painting goes, thats all up to you. i do like the idea of a rustic yellow for the frame. whatever you do, make sure to post it here when you're done :) good luck!!

another thought that came to me is that sanding down parts of the chassis before you paint, might help get a better "rustic" look

On 8/31/2019 at 8:20 PM, TechBruhE said:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/448915/Carbide_SPEC-02_Redshift_Special_Edition_ATX_Mid-Tower_Computer_Case_-_Black so i bought this case today, specifically for painting it themed after borderlands 3, basing it off of the coverart for the game, for the side panels, im going to paint it like the blue sky/clouds and the roses across the bottoms, but then the case itself, like the frame, and the front plastic panel, i was thinking of painting it yellow, from the outside, just cant quite make up my mind if i should do blue on the interior or yellow. I will be doing accents in orange, gold, gray, and red, plan to outline everything with black. basically just stuck on what to do to the interior. came with red led fans, tempted to buy purple led fans, but idk

just open to suggestions

had a chemical reaction with red and blue on the side panels, so having to redo those, but this is the progress I've gotten on the chassis and front panel.

IMG_20190902_133637.jpg

IMG_20190902_133603.jpg

IMG_20190902_133621.jpg

IMG_20190902_133653.jpg

IMG_20190902_133711.jpg

1 hour ago, FmPhenom said:

That case looks like you could make Claptrap easy.

I think a good case to mod into claptrap would be that itx phanteks case that's like a squared off trash can

The radiator look on the front panel makes it a great choice for that kinda desert punk thing they've got going on.

Progress looks dope so far!

Love it!

I love the art they are using to advertise 3, with the psycho.

Are you gonna use a sticker/decal of that at all?

9 hours ago, trevb0t said:

The radiator look on the front panel makes it a great choice for that kinda desert punk thing they've got going on.

Progress looks dope so far!

Love it!

I love the art they are using to advertise 3, with the psycho.

Are you gonna use a sticker/decal of that at all?

Thanks!

...they've used a psycho on the cover of each game lol...

no, I will be making a stencil of the borderlands 3 symbol, and making the side panels look similar to the cover art, the front panel has a window, so the rear panel, I might buy a sticker of the psycho or something, but I will probably just  paint/draw the psycho by hand. plan on throwing some vault symbols and cracks/scratches here and there too.

got parts in the mail for the minimum recommended specs, (i5-3570 gtx 680) plan on painting them all to the theme too, not sure exactly how/what im going to do yet with them, but like I said would love ideas. I've looked up performance benchmarks for those specs, and I think minimum could be a lot lower, but I was surprised how cheap everything was, get really good performance for a little over $250.

10 hours ago, TechBruhE said:

Thanks!

...they've used a psycho on the cover of each game lol...

no, I will be making a stencil of the borderlands 3 symbol, and making the side panels look similar to the cover art, the front panel has a window, so the rear panel, I might buy a sticker of the psycho or something, but I will probably just  paint/draw the psycho by hand. plan on throwing some vault symbols and cracks/scratches here and there too.

got parts in the mail for the minimum recommended specs, (i5-3570 gtx 680) plan on painting them all to the theme too, not sure exactly how/what im going to do yet with them, but like I said would love ideas. I've looked up performance benchmarks for those specs, and I think minimum could be a lot lower, but I was surprised how cheap everything was, get really good performance for a little over $250.

Well yes, of course. I just mean that I particularly love the graphic they've used for 3.

spacer.png

not done yet, plan on doing another layer on the logo, and putting a giant gold vault symbol on it before starting on the psycho and guns, only part im waiting on as far as functionality is the motherboard, should show up within the next week. decided to make the psu look like eridium, haven't quite decided on the GPU its a blower 680, so will be easy to paint, just gotta decide. im thinking about making it look like a weapon chest, even though it wont be very visible in use.

IMG_20190909_212000.jpg

IMG_20190909_204331.jpg

IMG_20190909_211941.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

still feel like adding something to the back panel, probably not going to do the psycho on the cover, but ive got a few ideas I've been thinking about.

IMG_20190919_184902.jpg

IMG_20190919_184926.jpg

IMG_20190919_193909.jpg

IMG_20190919_193935.jpg

IMG_20190919_193956.jpg

case looks great. really like how you gave every angle of the chassis dark edges to match the animation style. i notice you have some red features on the inside of the case like the hdd cage and pcie covers. i really like the red on yellow contrast and i think adding red cable extensions for the 8pin, 24pin, and pcie cables would help further that. an rgb strip would add some more contrast too, but i know they're not for everyone

14 hours ago, Derrk said:

case looks great. really like how you gave every angle of the chassis dark edges to match the animation style. i notice you have some red features on the inside of the case like the hdd cage and pcie covers. i really like the red on yellow contrast and i think adding red cable extensions for the 8pin, 24pin, and pcie cables would help further that. an rgb strip would add some more contrast too, but i know they're not for everyone

Thanks! 
yeah not quite done yet, gona add more to the rear side panel. also probably going to paint the 680 gold, and do some paint touch ups here and there. Before I buy rgb strips I'm going to try swapping the front fans from the exterior to the interior to see if they light it up a bit better. Other than that ill probably add a wifi card and then put it up for sale.

Not going to do cable extensions though. I think it would make cable management messier behind the motherboard tray. And I think the standard multicolored cables kinda go with the theme anyway.

side note, I really like the cheap cases that have decent cable management like this. other than the excess molex and sata cables from the non-modular psu, its pretty straightforward if you try. just not hot on the side mount ssd thing on the top of the hdd cage