FanControl, my take on a SpeedFan replacement

24 minutes ago, Nefcairon said:

I have 2 fan headers connected with fans, but 6 empty speed cards which unnecessarily take up space. I really would look to see all information on one screen without scrolling.

I'm curious... what do your 2 fan speed cards show you that's not also displayed in your fan control cards? (The fan control cards show rpm.)  I hide ALL my fan speed cards so that NONE of them waste screen space.

1 hour ago, Nefcairon said:

This I miss the most currently. I have 2 fan headers connected with fans, but 6 empty speed cards which unneccessarely take up space. I really would look to see all information on one screen without scrolling.

It's already in my current dev branch working and ready to go, will be in the next release.

2 hours ago, Adrenalina said:

I The fan control cards show rpm.

How to? Mine do not show RPM, only the percentage.

2 minutes ago, Nefcairon said:

Three dot menu of the control card you want, match fan manually, click on the corresponding fan speed card icon you want it matched with.

1 minute ago, Nefcairon said:

I see no way NOT to show the rpm.  The lower left corner of each control card is showing the percentage, and the lower right corner is showing the rpm.  See the screencapture below:607342049_Screencapturetoprovefancontrolcardsshowrpmtoo(16colors).thumb.png.099c67cc96c23e9bc493a6a501b7d192.png

4 minutes ago, Rem0o said:

Three dot menu of the control card you want, match fan manually, click on the corresponding fan speed card icon you want it matched with.

Why not also display the rpm when the fan is matched automatically?

Just now, Adrenalina said:

Why not also display the rpm when the fan is matched automatically?

It does, there are two ways to do it, the manual is a fallback if the automatic detection didn't work.

Update 47

• Prevent multiple instances running from the same folder
  • Hide individual fan speed cards
  • Updated LibreHardwareMonitor (NCT6687D support)

The column of options shown when you click on the plus button in the bottom right are selectable even without clicking the plus and sit above and will override anything normally clickable directly under them eg a triple dot menu or down arrow. In the attached image the pointer was over the little down arrow.

fan control v47.png

13 hours ago, Lou Swire said:

The column of options shown when you click on the plus button in the bottom right are selectable even without clicking the plus and sit above and will override anything normally clickable directly under them eg a triple dot menu or down arrow. In the attached image the pointer was over the little down arrow.

fan control v47.png

Hum, when I hover my mouse over that area, it indeed makes them appear, but I can't get the exact behavior you got. I think I will revert back to the "click" on the "+" button instead of the hover.

On 8/22/2020 at 11:48 PM, TopJimmy said:

LOVE this app. Having some issues with waking from sleep. The app doesn't wake up and apply. I need to shut it down in task manager and open it again to apply fan curves or reboot. Anyone else?

Same for me

On 8/31/2020 at 4:17 PM, Jean-Pierre57 said:

Same for me

That's odd, I'm toggling all the controls off then on back again when resuming from sleep in order to "reset" all the controls. Works fine in most case,

but maybe the reset doesn't work the same for all the SuperIO chips... What chip you got?

Just came across this program and want to say thanks it's awesome, exactly what I've been after¡

Program looks awesome, but for some reason my fan speeds don't change when the RPM changes (Asus Sabertooth Z77).

I tried using Libre Hardware Monitor and it was able to control them.

Looked at the log but couldn't see any errors - any advice?

1 hour ago, NextShift said:

Program looks awesome, but for some reason my fan speeds don't change when the RPM changes (Asus Sabertooth Z77).

I tried using Libre Hardware Monitor and it was able to control them.

Looked at the log but couldn't see any errors - any advice?

I'm mapped 1 to 1 with Libre. How can the RPM change but not the fan in your case? Maybe you mixed your controls/speeds?

4 hours ago, Rem0o said:

I'm mapped 1 to 1 with Libre. How can the RPM change but not the fan in your case? Maybe you mixed your controls/speeds?

Sorry typo on my part.

The percentage changes, but the RPM doesn't change.

EDIT: I think you were right, the program updated which reset my configuration. So I let it automatically match each fan and it's working now.

Thank you for this awesome software @Rem0o, works like a charm with my MSI B450 Mortar Max. :) I was finally able to sync one of my intake case fans with GPU fan curve. I've been wanting to do so for a long time.

Just one thing I did notice that Fan Control doesn't seem tot recognize all of my case fans if they aren't spinning when I open the software. It's also possible that one of the headers for the fan are damaged (sys_fan3), I'm not sure yet. I need to do some testing. It didn't look like it's bent but there is some odd behavior on that particular fan.

FanControl.thumb.png.3e65a22031bcb3e17c4aaa30bddefcdd.png

I hope people will continue to support this project.

Gaming PC

MBO: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX           CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3060ti TUF OC 8GB,        RAM: Kingston 16GB (2 x 8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 3200Mhz,

Storage: Samsung SSD 980 1TB  &   WD Blue 1 TB SSD

PSU: Corsair 650W RM650x (2018)       Case: Kolink Citadel Mesh Matx     Case Fans: 3x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 120mm

After I resolved my fan issue I setup everything perfect and was loving this program!

But today when I booted up, it didn't launch at startup and nothing happens when I try to run it manually (apart from the UAC prompt).

I couldn't find any log files or anything in event viewer, and I also had a look with Process Monitor but nothing stood out.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Managed to get it running by using the updater. Will keep an eye on it next time. Donated as well, love this app!

On 9/2/2020 at 2:51 AM, Rem0o said:

That's odd, I'm toggling all the controls off then on back again when resuming from sleep in order to "reset" all the controls. Works fine in most case,

but maybe the reset doesn't work the same for all the SuperIO chips... What chip you got?

I don't know for the other user, but in my case the MB is an ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING and the chip is a LPC Nct677X (<- is that reference you need?)

The only solutions I found are:

• close and reopen (and any derivative as the obvious reboot)
  • apply a profile that makes my fans really spin a lot, and few second after, switch back to the profile I want to use

image.png.5150402490b112c1e948c8bfa6dddf35.png

oh boy.

no thanks, @Rem0o

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

8 hours ago, wall03 said:

image.png.5150402490b112c1e948c8bfa6dddf35.png

oh boy.

no thanks, @Rem0o

First time someone mentioned an antivirus software interacting with it. In a year time I guess it had to happen at some point. Will give it a look. Although I will have to install a real virus (read Bitdefender) to diagnose it 😕

@wall03

Just downloaded BitDefender free. Tried my installation folder, tried the zip, redownloaded FanControl from Github, nothing. Maybe because the exe was compiled on the same computer? Might have to try from a different PC, which I don't have right now at my disposal....

image.png.150d4cb1193b2952ef8c5b2ad14f1079.png

8 minutes ago, Rem0o said:

@wall03

Just downloaded BitDefender free. Tried my installation folder, tried the zip, redownloaded FanControl from Github, nothing. Maybe because the exe was compiled on the same computer? Might have to try from a different PC, which I don't have right now at my disposal....

image.png.150d4cb1193b2952ef8c5b2ad14f1079.png

Could be.

Looks like Bitdefender isnt scanning too many files tho.

Mine usually scans 300K or something. Like so

image.png.ae4e0e4bcd7776ee9bd63f4f3c0ce9b0.png

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

6 minutes ago, wall03 said:

Could be.

Looks like Bitdefender isnt scanning too many files tho.

Mine usually scans 300K or something. Like so

image.png.ae4e0e4bcd7776ee9bd63f4f3c0ce9b0.png

I scanned the location where the software is only.

7 minutes ago, Rem0o said:

I scanned the location where the software is only.

hmmm. maybe yo ucompiling it on your pc is the issue

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users