:( Case I bought doesn't fit my 2070. Didn't know GPU's could be this f'n wide!

t33to

GPU: MSI RTX 2070

Case: Rosewill Cullinan

The case physically fits the length of GPU, but the cooler is so frikin wide on the 2070 that it bumps into the corner edge of the case.

Can anyone link me some cases roughly in the same price/shape as the Cullinan that will fit this thing? The case needs to have at least one spot for a 240mm AIO.

I learned my lesson, I trusted pcpartpicker too much. I should have done some research before but I haven't ever encountered a GPU so wide before.

Any tips? Mucho appreciated.

No shit sherlock, usually you want to get a Mini ITX GPU if you are doing a Mini-ITX build. I would recommend just returning it or either DIYing a scuffed cooler onto it. Otherwise get a different case.

In all fairness, PCPP says that they don't calculate distance between RAM and Cooler and Case and GPU.

idk tbh

2 minutes ago, Greenish said:

No shit sherlock, usually you want to get a Mini ITX GPU if you are doing a Mini-ITX build. I would recommend just returning it or either DIYing a scuffed cooler onto it. Otherwise get a different case.

In all fairness, PCPP says that they don't calculate distance between RAM and Cooler and Case and GPU.

It's an ATX case....

You could return the 2070 and grab one that's less tall. That one's super tall.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8nhKHx/evga-geforce-rtx-2070-8gb-xc-gaming-video-card-08g-p4-2172-kr

4 minutes ago, Greenish said:

That cube is an ATX cube though. Unless the newegg listing is wrong (the picture shows 7 expansion slots).

PS The 2070 is a 185W GPU. You really shouldn't need the huge cooler that's on the MSI Armor 8G. But if you want to keep it, choose a case that can fit an NH-D15 using pcpartpicker. That cooler is so tall you'll have more than enough room for the extended GPU PCB

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, t33to said:

It's an ATX case....

From what you linked, it says that it is a Mini ATX case. If you have a dremil, just go to town on the cooler to make it fit well, touch it up and boom. THATS HOW TO FIX IT SLAV STYLE. If you had photo's I may be able to link a scuffed way to fix it

idk tbh

5 minutes ago, Energycore said:

You could return the 2070 and grab one that's less tall. That one's super tall.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8nhKHx/evga-geforce-rtx-2070-8gb-xc-gaming-video-card-08g-p4-2172-kr

That cube is an ATX cube though. Unless the newegg listing is wrong (the picture shows 7 expansion slots).

PS The 2070 is a 185W GPU. You really shouldn't need the huge cooler that's on the MSI Armor 8G. But if you want to keep it, choose a case that can fit an NH-D15 using pcpartpicker. That cooler is so tall you'll have more than enough room for the extended GPU PCB

I don't mean the number of case slots it takes up, I mean it's physically too wide, not thick. Not sure if I was clear on that or not. I do want to keep the GPU. Thank you for your reply.

6 minutes ago, Greenish said:

From what you linked, it says that it is a Mini ATX case. If you have a dremil, just go to town on the cooler to make it fit well, touch it up and boom. THATS HOW TO FIX IT SLAV STYLE. If you had photo's I may be able to link a scuffed way to fix it

Rosewill Cube Mini ITX/Micro-ATX/ATX

Dremel is out of the question lol. Do you know of a case that will FIT this GPU?

Just now, t33to said:

I don't mean the number of case slots it takes up, I mean it's physically too wide, not thick. Not sure if I was clear on that or not. I do want to keep the GPU. Thank you for your reply.

If I understood correctly, the problem is you can't put the side panel on with the GPU in there.

You can always do what I do and leave the side panel off ?

But like I said above, any case that can fit an NH-D15 should easily fit the widest / tallest of GPUs.

Here's an example.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/p8x2FT/nzxt-h500-black-atx-mid-tower-case-ca-h500b-b1

Unfortunately as far as cube style cases go, options are limited. Corsair has some options but they're upwards of $200 and that's imo way too much for a case for anyone

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, Energycore said:

If I understood correctly, the problem is you can't put the side panel on with the GPU in there.

You can always do what I do and leave the side panel off ?

But like I said above, any case that can fit an NH-D15 should easily fit the widest / tallest of GPUs.

Here's an example.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/p8x2FT/nzxt-h500-black-atx-mid-tower-case-ca-h500b-b1

Unfortunately as far as cube style cases go, options are limited. Corsair has some options but they're upwards of $200 and that's imo way too much for a case for anyone

Close, I actually physically can't fit the GPU in there because the tabs on the GPU (where you put the screw in) are actually positioned behind the inside of the case. So it won't even slot in unfortunately. I'll attach a photo of the issue.

Oh, and thank you for the NH-D15 trick. I see now that with compatibility filter on, and that cooler selected it removes the case I have already purchased and shows me a bunch. That seriously is a pro tip.

IMG_20190829_212329.jpg

4 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Cablemod vertical GPU mount?

Neat idea! No where to put that in the case unfortunately. That is a case specific thing right?

19 minutes ago, t33to said:

Close, I actually physically can't fit the GPU in there because the tabs on the GPU (where you put the screw in) are actually positioned behind the inside of the case. So it won't even slot in unfortunately. I'll attach a photo of the issue.

Oh, and thank you for the NH-D15 trick. I see now that with compatibility filter on, and that cooler selected it removes the case I have already purchased and shows me a bunch. That seriously is a pro tip.

Well that's derpy case design.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, t33to said:

Neat idea! No where to put that in the case unfortunately. That is a case specific thing right?

Best of all, it can be installed in virtually any case with 7 free PCI-e slots, and does not require any modification or voiding of your case’s warranty!

NOTE: This bracket effectively extends the length of your PCI-e card by 3.1cm.

This bracket is does not work with graphics cards with 3-slot PCI-e I/O shields.

18 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Well that's derpy case design.

Right?!

10 hours ago, Energycore said:

Lian Li PC-O11D ;) 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Hwkj4D/lian-li-pc-o11dx-atx-full-tower-case-pc-o11dx

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VxRzK8/lian-li-pc-o11dw-atx-full-tower-case-pc-o11dw

Also, a better trick is to note your cards actual height (5.51 according to Newegg) which is about 140mm tall. So selecting ANY cooler above 140mm tall (I suggest at least 155 since the card itself does not include the extra height you'll need for the PCI-E connector) will work in a similar fashion. 

Here's a build using that card in a PC-O11D

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/8qgwrH

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Lian Li PC-O11D ;) 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Hwkj4D/lian-li-pc-o11dx-atx-full-tower-case-pc-o11dx

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VxRzK8/lian-li-pc-o11dw-atx-full-tower-case-pc-o11dw

Also, a better trick is to note your cards actual height (5.51 according to Newegg) which is about 140mm tall. So selecting ANY cooler above 140mm tall (I suggest at least 155 since the card itself does not include the extra height you'll need for the PCI-E connector) will work in a similar fashion. 

Here's a build using that card in a PC-O11D

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/8qgwrH

Thank you for the help. Another user also mentioned using CPU height + Compatibility filter on partpicker to get GPU width clearance sorted out.