Msi RTX graphics cards

NotMrTaco

I'm not quite so sure this is the proper forum to post this on, but since it's involving graphics cards I thought it would be fine. I'm going to purchase a new graphics card for my system I'm building soon, and really liked the gaming x trio card from msi, but checked and saw they are overpriced on Amazon, and b&h has had them as a pre order for the longest time ever. Does anybody know what's going on?

4 hours ago, NotMrTaco said:

I'm not quite so sure this is the proper forum to post this on, but since it's involving graphics cards I thought it would be fine. I'm going to purchase a new graphics card for my system I'm building soon, and really liked the gaming x trio card from msi, but checked and saw they are overpriced on Amazon, and b&h has had them as a pre order for the longest time ever. Does anybody know what's going on?

yes, the cards arent available in masses. it will soon become better so you should wait. wait till stores have a bunch of them. then prices will drop a bit. However the msi gaming x trio or gaming x gaming z etc etc etc are always more priced due to the cooling design and clock speeds. 

However it would be good to know your pc system and which msi rtx card you were thinking of buying.

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

8 hours ago, hollyh88 said:

yes, the cards arent available in masses. it will soon become better so you should wait. wait till stores have a bunch of them. then prices will drop a bit. However the msi gaming x trio or gaming x gaming z etc etc etc are always more priced due to the cooling design and clock speeds. 

However it would be good to know your pc system and which msi rtx card you were thinking of buying.

Yeah, I am planning on getting a 3700x and the rtx 2070 super gaming x trio.

3 hours ago, NotMrTaco said:

Yeah, I am planning on getting a 3700x and the rtx 2070 super gaming x trio.

okay well seeing your place that you live in you can expect them to be available in mass sooner than i can here in the netherlands. and those 2 work fine too :)

Just make sure you have a psu that can handle such a card. :P 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate