• #5 enter
  • wait 1: page loads

after

"average user": 0 clicks because "it doesn't exist"

'advanced user":

• #0 don't find search
  • #1 click settings
  • #2 click advanced search.
  • wait 1: page loads (results hidden away)
  • #3 select field
  • #4 type resolution
  • #5 click search.
  • wait 2: page loads (results return)

removing a frequently used function to behind additional multiple clicks/pages is bad design.

this is your opinion is not based on fact, google has to appeal to billions of users and the big reason is simplicity.

these same arguments are used over and over again by power users when developers change their UI to be more streamlined.

the list goes on,

firefox

office

windows

but developers have the hard task of making existing user base happy when trying to make interface simple and easy to use. the overall industry is going to towards minimalism

see, https://www.nngroup.com/articles/characteristics-minimalism/

and having a banner removes space used for displaying images. it also introduces an option users may accidentally turn on get confused and find it difficult to turn off.

you will have to accept this fact, this service isnt designed just for you but billions of other users. 

1 minute ago, tech.guru said:

this is your opinion is not based on fact, google has to appeal to billions of users and the big reason is simplicity.

how is trying out google options not fact?

3 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

but developers have the hard task of making existing user base happy when trying to make interface simple and easy to use. the overall industry is going to towards minimalism

see, https://www.nngroup.com/articles/characteristics-minimalism/

and having a banner removes space used for displaying images. it also introduces an option users may accidentally turn on get confused and find it difficult to turn off.

cleaning up functionality without regard of the userbase, usability, and continuity, for the sake of visual design, is BAD DESIGN.

you're ignoring my point. I'll end it here.

8 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

how is trying out google options not fact?

cleaning up functionality without regard of the userbase, usability, and continuity, for the sake of visual design, is BAD DESIGN.

you're ignoring my point. I'll end it here.

they have the numbers to look at the user base and how often and number of people who used the feature.

your missing the point and conflating your self as the single user base google concerns themselves with.

they have many user groups to consider when designing and applying interface changes. you are ignoring this fact.

I wont deny it may impact your workflows or others when trying to find an image.

however, the feature must have not been used that much by the 99.99% or whatever google saw of the other user groups who just wanted to search for a image

It has started, I can no longer see the exact resolution size.

There is one understanding why google does this: they are the biggest company out there and a whole of people is dependant on it. Google thinks they can do anything and no one bats an eye, they'll simply complain and continue using it. It simply proves Google is extremely arrogant, selfish, ungratefull and they own the world. The biggest dictator that exists for now. The resolution being shown is number one 1st reason why I use it. Since they have removed it, there is no more reason for me to use it.

3 hours ago, tech.guru said:

guys before you blow a gasket just use the advanced search

https://www.google.ca/advanced_image_search

they just got rid of the drop downs to cleanup the interface

Funny... Searching for an image by exact size still isn't there.

image.thumb.png.2ff863597213438e88d659b7f9dde38c.png

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

Ooops... Double post...

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

SOooooo.....Anyone going to start using Bing (or any other search engine) for image search? Personally, I think Bing has had a superior Image search layout for along time. Google actually copied lots of aspects of Bing's layout a long time ago to make their layout better. 

WTF so it is real, I didn't find it yesterday and I just ignored it, thinking something was wrong with the page at the moment. What's the point of removing something so useful.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p