Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AluminiumTech

Titanium Apple Credit Card reportedly very sensitive | Say goodbye to Jeans and Leather wallets

20 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

As indicated in the very first response to this thread, I don't care what my cards look like.

wonder if it helps against magnets?

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

The way to get the specs for my PC. go to the store. Buy some potatos. boil them and mash them. and stuff that in a focus g with a ssd.

21 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Some how I feel like that’s next, watch samsung do that lmao 

Now imagining a stereotypical Samsung card.  It basically looks like last year's Apple Card.  It's convenient and quick when you first get it, but mysteriously starts taking forever to handle purchases months later.  Not that you'll be using it, because Samsung will have to recall the cards after they mysteriously start shattering in people's hands.

It's a piece of metal with an RFID chip, why do we care if it gets scratched exactly? It's stupid to make it out of anything other than laminated plastic just because there's no reason for it but... honestly, who cares?

On 8/29/2019 at 7:38 PM, VegetableStu said:

that applies to every single magstripe out there ._.

IKR, not sure what's different here

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

9 minutes ago, will4623 said:

wonder if it helps against magnets?

your science teacher would like to have a word with you ._.

(vinyl sheets are not ferromagnetic. also even if it is, it would interfere with radio transmission ._.)

Just now, VegetableStu said:

your science teacher would like to have a word with you ._.

(vinyl sheets are not ferromagnetic. also even if it is, it will interfere with transmission ._.)

I know.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

The way to get the specs for my PC. go to the store. Buy some potatos. boil them and mash them. and stuff that in a focus g with a ssd.

On 8/29/2019 at 1:25 PM, Den-Fi said:

I mean... all of my other cards look like crap too... what's one more?

Also, so that this post isn't a complete waste of time join the LTT folding team!

You are a legend.

I'd join if I wasn't using my PC constantly when at home, and had it turned off when I wasn't using it or not home. (custom water cooling build. I know I wouldn't be able to save it even if I was present if/when the loop fails, but damned if I'm not here to watch it happen)

They should have anodized it instead of painting it.  Problem solved.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        
Posted · Original PosterOP
27 minutes ago, FezBoy said:

They should have anodized it instead of painting it.  Problem solved.

A real titanium card would be too expensive. Coating it is quite cheap in comparison.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

iPhone 8 Plus (Mid 2019 to present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with 2019 GPU upgrades) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

18 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Ask people with black or gold Mastercards :P You can't look like a peasant handling a regular blue plastic Mastercard lmao

Must impress a lot of waitresses and retail workers.

I carry my wallet in mh purse like most women.

Im considering a more secure location for my cards though.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

On 8/30/2019 at 7:18 PM, AluminiumTech said:

A real titanium card would be too expensive. Coating it is quite cheap in comparison.

A CC size piece of titanium would only be a couple USD retail. Get 100k made in China for cheap.   

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

AzSmmSy.png

WHO KILLED OP

So much for the conspiracy theories that it's only a little bit titanium -- I would've been shocked if it was all titanium, since purity can have its own problems.