Anyone know what the extra charges w kiill be on items after Brexit?

Go to solution Solved by mr moose,

I don't think anyone can answer that without a working crystal ball.

Looking at ordering some stuff off https://www.amazon.co.uk in the next few weeks and was wondering if anyone knows what the charges will be after October 31st 2019 ? Just in case I don't order the stuff in time

Thanks Ben

IMG_20190829_155311.jpg

Screenshot_20190829-155128.png

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

I don't think anyone can answer that without a working crystal ball.

Thanks

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

I'm thinking doing some shopping too. Since value of GBP is low now.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If the stuff is made outside the EU already there shouldn't be additional tariffs following 'B' day. The pound may drop further though. Anything you are looking to source from another EU I'd get it quick.

26 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

If the stuff is made outside the EU already there shouldn't be additional tariffs following 'B' day. The pound may drop further though. Anything you are looking to source from another EU I'd get it quick.

He/she is in Ireland... He/She won't have any problem with that... He/She wants stuff FROM the UK... ANd then I'd say... either you wait a couple of weeks more, or you buy now... But regarding how the clown is playing his game, it's going to be bad... :-S

4 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

He/she is in Ireland... He/She won't have any problem with that... He/She wants stuff FROM the UK... ANd then I'd say... either you wait a couple of weeks more, or you buy now... But regarding how the clown is playing his game, it's going to be bad... :-S

*Facepalm* my bad. Eventually I guess Amazon will change their arrangement where Ireland and the UK share their Amazon site, but that may take a few months. Using one of the other EU Amazon sites will probably only cost a little extra delivery, not much to worry about.

And it's not going to be that bad. Eating rat meat, defending your tinned food from raiders using a cricket bat with knives duct taped to it, life expectancy dropping to 13.5 years, the Nigel Farage patriot police, spot of cannibalism... Compared to the indignity of having a red passport or a job, really quite minor.  

5 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

And it's not going to be that bad. Eating rat meat, defending your tinned food from raiders using a cricket bat with knives duct taped to it, life expectancy dropping to 13.5 years, the Nigel Farage patriot police, spot of cannibalism... Compared to the indignity of having a red passport or a job, really quite minor.  

My sincere condolences to you and your fellow country(wo)men... ?

lets boot our raspberry crystal balls!

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

3 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

My sincere condolences to you and your fellow country(wo)men... ?

Thank you. Your condolences will help keep us warm after we've run out of possessions to burn.

Well... Eventually we can organize a red cross shipment and send you our old blankets... ?