Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beam3k

Should i completely wipe drives on pc if upgrading cpu motherboard and ram?

Recommended Posts

All you have to do is make a fresh install of Windows and run it. Any other files may stay, even the old windows files (they will be useless though).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, OrionFOTL said:

All you have to do is make a fresh install of Windows and run it. Any other files may stay, even the old windows files (they will be useless though).

Okay awesome. Am i able to just wipe the drives and boot from bios with a usb drive with windows on it ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beam3k said:

Okay awesome. Am i able to just wipe the drives and boot from bios with a usb drive with windows on it ?

Yes, but you do it in the opposite way around. You boot from bios with a USB drive with Windows on it, and in the Windows installer, in the part where you choose which partition to install to, you select all partitions you have and choose Delete on them all. Then you select the empty space as the install location.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Beam3k said:

Just wondering what to do with my drives since im upgrading my mobo, cpu, ram and case.

Just do nothing, plug your drives to new mobo and boot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beam3k said:

Just wondering what to do with my drives since im upgrading my mobo, cpu, ram and case.

Storage drives won’t matter at all.

 

just install a fresh copy of windows on your boot drive and you’ll be good 


 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×