Fans and Fan Controller Help

DB1997

Hello, I am looking at extra fans to possibly put in a new desktop I am building but I am unsure how to link my fans together, what controller to use, etc. I am planning on using the 750D as my case and it looks like it comes with 3 fans already. For my CPU I plan to use the Dark Rock Pro 4. On top of all that I was planning on putting exhaust fans along the top possibly. I found PcCooler fans, they aren't expensive and have good reviews. Now with all of those fans, how do I link them together? I know you can get a fan controller but I am unsure if I need one, which to get, etc. The PcCooler fans if you get a set of 5 come with a controller I believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

PcCooler Fans: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QFX1RV1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?tag=awesomenetw07-20&ie=UTF8&th=1

You could just use the motherboard for fan control. 

The hub included with the 5-pack is for lighting control. For pwm, plug them into the motherboard. You'll probably need more splitters or a powered splitter / hub for that. 

Why the 750D? Do you already have the case? It's a bit old and newer cases have more updated designs and features. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You could just use the motherboard for fan control. 

The hub included with the 5-pack is for lighting control. For pwm, plug them into the motherboard. You'll probably need more splitters or a powered splitter / hub for that. 

Why the 750D? Do you already have the case? It's a bit old and newer cases have more updated designs and features. 

I picked the 750D Airflow because I am looking for a full tower case that has good cooling. I know it is old but it is still one of the best around for cooling from what I read. I also looked at cases like the Lian Li O-11. What case would you recommend?

Hello, I was wondering if I were to get the Meshify S2 with the included fan controller, what would be the best way to set up my fans? The controller has 3 PWM 4 pins and 6 3 pin. Below is my build plus I was going to purchase a 5 pack of PcCooler fans that I will also list. My CPU cooler is the Dark Rock Pro 4 as well. Thanks!

PcCooler Fans: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QFX1RV1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?tag=awesomenetw07-20&ie=UTF8&th=1

8 hours ago, DB1997 said:

I picked the 750D Airflow because I am looking for a full tower case that has good cooling. I know it is old but it is still one of the best around for cooling from what I read. I also looked at cases like the Lian Li O-11. What case would you recommend?

The PC-O11 is great but doesn't have much cpu cooler clearance for taller coolers like the DRP4. 

My go-to recommend is the Meshify C. Unless you're using a lot of hardware, it does most of the same job while being more compact. 

If you do end up with the 750D Airflow, I'd recommend just using the stock fans first and seeing what's unsatisfactory before deciding on whether or not to buy new fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

56 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The PC-O11 is great but doesn't have much cpu cooler clearance for taller coolers like the DRP4. 

My go-to recommend is the Meshify C. Unless you're using a lot of hardware, it does most of the same job while being more compact. 

If you do end up with the 750D Airflow, I'd recommend just using the stock fans first and seeing what's unsatisfactory before deciding on whether or not to buy new fans. 

Thanks! I decided that I will go with the Meshify S2. I posted another topic about the fan controller and how to set it up properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is 3 PWM 4 pins and 6 3 pins.

2 minutes ago, DB1997 said:

Thanks! I decided that I will go with the Meshify S2. I posted another topic about the fan controller and how to set it up properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is 3 PWM 4 pins and 6 3 pins.

It's up to you how you want to group the fans. The hub plugs into a motherboard fan header and the fans would share the same settings so group the fans you want together on the same curve.

I'd personally separate the cpu and rear fans to their own headers on the motherboard.

Please keep the same discussion to a single thread -- threads merged.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

It's up to you how you want to group the fans. The hub plugs into a motherboard fan header and the fans would share the same settings so group the fans you want together on the same curve.

I'd personally separate the cpu and rear fans to their own headers on the motherboard.

Please keep the same discussion to a single thread -- threads merged.

So you are saying that I should probably install my cpu cooler to one PWM slot, my single rear exhaust fan to another, and then my front intake and top exhaust to the third? I was planning on having the three that come with the case ( two in front and one in back), then the two that make up the CPU cooler, and then finally I was planning on adding at least two exhaust fans to the top of the case. Overkill?

Just now, DB1997 said:

So you are saying that I should probably install my cpu cooler to one PWM slot, my single rear exhaust fan to another, and then my front intake and top exhaust to the third? I was planning on having the three that come with the case ( two in front and one in back), then the two that make up the CPU cooler, and then finally I was planning on adding at least two exhaust fans to the top of the case. Overkill?

The top exhaust might steal air from the cooler, help remove heat from the case, and a bit of both. That's why I recommend just using the stock case fans as is first and decide on what to do from there. If you do that, the motherboard's 5 fan headers should already be enough.