My first gaming pc

Shooterdude34

1759489714_IMG_46091.thumb.JPG.549eb58a65354f50de3d3e90a1b19b74.JPGSo I only discovered the PC community about 3-4 years ago. Meaning up until then I had no clue that pc's other than the 2011 mac mini we had as the family pc (still do as a media server for our movies) existed. I had only ever played console, not even online. So when my friend introduced me to Linus, i was amazed at all of the stuff you could do. I ingested hours upon hours of his videos, learning as much as i could as fast as i could. Unfortunately i didn't have a job yet so i had no money, and my parents wouldn't pay for a computer. That was up until my dad's company gave him a pc to do some vr work with. I started gaming, giving it up whenever he needed it for work. It was a bare minimum vr pc, so i wasn't surprised when it wasn't enough for him and he requested another, which was granted. we are talking an Intel core i5-6402p, 8 gb ddr4 2133mhz ram, msi b150m bazooka mobo, gigabyte rx480, 1tb hdd, like the bare minimum. once i got that pc and a job, i slowly started building my new pc.

Here's my current spec

- Ryzen 7 2700x (ugh right before ryzen 3000 series)

- Asus ROG strix b350f gaming (i know 350, im updating that soon)

- G.Skill 2x8 gb DDR4 2400 (OC'd to 3200) - (Changed to Team Force Vulcan Z 2x8gb DDR4 3000)

- MSI GeForce gtx 1660ti

- Samsung 860 evo 500gb ssd

- seagate barracuda 750gb hdd (my 1tb hdd was doa from ebay, but my dad had this one)

- Corsair cx650m power supply

- all inside a Lian-Li O11 Dynamic razer edition

Also, yes i know i dont have an i/o shield. This was a refurbished board from newegg, so it came with only the board and nothing else. In the listing it said it was the board only. I'll post a screen shot as evidence.

Untitled.png.2a11300d1b3565be5f2e79f25f9539ca.png

1961773164_IMG_46081.thumb.JPG.2e00abc6305cf8b6e718fd0013b97863.JPG

Call Amazon, it was supposed to come with an I/O shield...

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

1 hour ago, SenKa said:

Call Amazon, it was supposed to come with an I/O shield...

it said in the listing it wouldnt come with one. after i ordered i looked back to double check

2 hours ago, quakeguy said:

Clean looking PC!  Love the cable management!

thanks!

1 hour ago, Rune said:

Not bad for a very first build. Nicely done.

thanks!

If you wish, you can check the Seagate page to get updates on that HDD, maybe there is no one or maybe there is one, but the update could also help you give your system a newer look. ?

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

On 8/29/2019 at 3:05 PM, seagate_surfer said:

If you wish, you can check the Seagate page to get updates on that HDD, maybe there is no one or maybe there is one, but the update could also help you give your system a newer look. ?

No the warranty for that specific hdd expired in 2013

On 8/30/2019 at 8:40 PM, Shooterdude34 said:

No the warranty for that specific hdd expired in 2013

Oh! Okay, don't worry if you don't have updates available, the unit will continue to work anyway. These updates help, but mainly when you have some kind of difficulty, you can survive without it...

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

• 5 months later...

I realize its been a while, however i wanted to make an update. During the period of time, i have spraypainted the case white and custom laser engraved a storm trooper into one of the case panels. I have also changed out the G.Skill ram for a set of Team Group T-Force Vulcan Z 16gb 3000 mhz, changed the motherboard to a Gigabyte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming. Today i ordered a Coolermaster Hyper 212 black edition, Coolermaster fan hub, and a 6 pack of corsair fans. I will post new photos once these new items arrive! Can't wait!

7 hours ago, Shooterdude34 said:

I realize its been a while, however i wanted to make an update. During the period of time, i have spraypainted the case white and custom laser engraved a storm trooper into one of the case panels. I have also changed out the G.Skill ram for a set of Team Group T-Force Vulcan Z 16gb 3000 mhz, changed the motherboard to a Gigabyte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming. Today i ordered a Coolermaster Hyper 212 black edition, Coolermaster fan hub, and a 6 pack of corsair fans. I will post new photos once these new items arrive! Can't wait!

Ok ok, thanks for sharing. The machine looks great just like that. We will wait for you with the new photos ...

? Holy shit, is that case really as big as it looks? That thing is huge, never would fit on my desk. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Just now, BlackManINC said:

? Holy shit, is that case really as big as it looks? That thing is huge, never would fit on my desk. 

yes it is! i thought it was a mid tower when buying it but later realized i got a full tower. Oops! either way idc cause im a razer fanboy and this case is super easy to build in so in my opinion it was definitely worth the $160 i paid for it.

1 minute ago, Shooterdude34 said:

yes it is! i thought it was a mid tower when buying it but later realized i got a full tower. Oops! either way idc cause im a razer fanboy and this case is super easy to build in so in my opinion it was definitely worth the $160 i paid for it.

Still looks great, I have no complaints about the aesthetic design of this one...

4 minutes ago, Shooterdude34 said:

As long as it fits where you plan on storing it and it has good air flow, I see nothing wrong with it at all. The air flow is the main reason why anyone should get the biggest case they can possibly get. The more room there is, the easier the air flow. Are the case fans in the front or the back?

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

4 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

As long as it fits where you plan on storing it and it has good air flow, I see nothing wrong with it at all. The air flow is the main reason why anyone should get the biggest case they can possibly get. The more room there is, the easier the air flow. Are the case fans in the front or the back?

Theyre actually technically to the side, however i currently barely have enough fans to create any airflow, which is why i decided to buy a 6 pack of corsair fans. This cases front panel is 90% tempered glass. This means the air has to travel 90 degrees to inside the case

6 minutes ago, Shooterdude34 said:

Theyre actually technically to the side, however i currently barely have enough fans to create any airflow, which is why i decided to buy a 6 pack of corsair fans. This cases front panel is 90% tempered glass. This means the air has to travel 90 degrees to inside the case

Yeah, mines is all tempered glass too, shown in the image below. The case fans being in the front works out for me because there isn't a lot of room on my desk in the back. As long as there is room for your fans to inhale, doesn't matter where they are. The only thing missing is a dust filter. I didn't even know mines came with one until I bought it. A dust filter would be one thing I'd invest in. ??

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

12 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

Right! To protect the parts from the outside, cats, pets in general, children, the environment itself but definitely one of the objectives of the case is to cool the parts to avoid suffering any damage due to overheating. So just make sure you get a good cooling system.

1 minute ago, seagate_surfer said:

Exact! To protect the parts from the outside, cats, pets in general, children, the environment itself but definitely one of the objectives of the case is to cool the parts to avoid suffering any damage due to overheating. So just make sure you get a good cooling system.

? I was looking forward to adding some type of water cooling system, but some people claimed that my case is fine as it is with the stock case fans I have, so I don't know. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

5 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

Right! To protect the parts from the outside, cats, pets in general, children, the environment itself but definitely one of the objectives of the case is to cool the parts to avoid suffering any damage due to overheating. So just make sure you get a good cooling system.

Yeah i currently have mine on my desk quite in the open, so theres easy airflow and minimal dust, and my pets rarely enter my room so theres very little animal hair in there. Ive had it up there for almost 7 months and theres literally no dust in my system

Update Time!!

So i ordered the new items yesterday, with the regular free shipping. In a miraculous turn of events, they arrived today! The expected delivery date was supposed to be next Monday, however i have not received the fan hub yet. That doesn't stop me however! So i put the new cooler on (much more involved than I expected. did not realize id have to remove my motherboard lol) and put the new fans in. I think it looks amazing, however i do still have 2 of my old non led case fans, so ill have to order two new ones, but i think it looks great! 

IMG_0518.thumb.JPG.bc7bece559b4ce01933b9b47309f5225.JPGIMG_0520.thumb.JPG.daef2b9be0709352be8853498565bbd1.JPGIMG_0521.thumb.JPG.6ead266831d5afaac1a5e6196e1a0ea4.JPGIMG_0522.thumb.JPG.1c860c2eab2453868a029d41ba012cd5.JPGuIMG_0519.thumb.JPG.4c2adc4ae2972802f720e6bcb5b32521.JPGIMG_0517.thumb.JPG.e7dd6c8ca9049c6d3994ed5538d42c46.JPG

On 2/26/2020 at 5:57 PM, Shooterdude34 said:

Update Time!!

So i ordered the new items yesterday, with the regular free shipping. In a miraculous turn of events, they arrived today! The expected delivery date was supposed to be next Monday, however i have not received the fan hub yet. That doesn't stop me however! So i put the new cooler on (much more involved than I expected. did not realize id have to remove my motherboard lol) and put the new fans in. I think it looks amazing, however i do still have 2 of my old non led case fans, so ill have to order two new ones, but i think it looks great! 

IMG_0518.thumb.JPG.bc7bece559b4ce01933b9b47309f5225.JPGIMG_0520.thumb.JPG.daef2b9be0709352be8853498565bbd1.JPGIMG_0521.thumb.JPG.6ead266831d5afaac1a5e6196e1a0ea4.JPGIMG_0522.thumb.JPG.1c860c2eab2453868a029d41ba012cd5.JPGuIMG_0519.thumb.JPG.4c2adc4ae2972802f720e6bcb5b32521.JPGIMG_0517.thumb.JPG.e7dd6c8ca9049c6d3994ed5538d42c46.JPG

WOW! Lovely man, this looks so cool! Enjoy it man...

15 minutes ago, Shooterdude34 said:

Thanks! i love how it came out in the end

Yeah! Pretty pretty, congrats! Loved the stormtroopers decal/logo.

1 hour ago, seagate_surfer said:

Yeah! Pretty pretty, congrats! Loved the stormtroopers decal/logo.

i do too! it ties well with the rest of my setup. it was nerve wracking to do though cause my schools laser cutter didnt have a specific setting for tempered glass, so i chose one that was closest and hoped for the best

On 2/27/2020 at 11:59 PM, Shooterdude34 said:

i do too! it ties well with the rest of my setup. it was nerve wracking to do though cause my schools laser cutter didnt have a specific setting for tempered glass, so i chose one that was closest and hoped for the best

OH WOW! Still cool man, even better you did that yourself. ??