Received a Be Quiet! Dark rock pro 4 like this

hitalio1

I just want to share my bit of bad luck.

My d5 pump broke about 3 weeks ago. Due to the fact that i am from Argentina and water cooling is non existant here and really expensive to import, i decided to buy a good air cooler. I went to "mercadolibre.com", kind of the ebay of latin america, and bought from some guys that import stuff from miami the be quiet! cooler. It took about 13 business days to arrive, and when i finally got it.. well, you can see for yourself.

Tomorrow ill go and get a new one, that will probably take 2-3 weeks more. The weird thing is that the box is almost in perfect condition. Wish me luck, im trying really hard to not loose my nerves (i couldn't game since my pump broke).

IMG_20190827_190006.jpg

IMG_20190827_185951.jpg

are you returning to original supplier...or buying another unit? Bad luck for the transit damage...but it LOOKS to be minor...it's worth a real close inspection , but there should be no reason why you cannot mount the cooler and give it a run...

2 minutes ago, Pharr Carnell said:

are you returning to original supplier...or buying another unit? Bad luck for the transit damage...but it LOOKS to be minor...it's worth a real close inspection , but there should be no reason why you cannot mount the cooler and give it a run...

Im returning it to the guys that imported it from the USA, so that the can change it for another one. The second image is just minor, i could bend the fins back. But if you look closely at the first one, you can see the whole structure bent, the cpu socket no even aligned with the towers. 

I could run it like this, but imagine paying the equivalent of 200 dollars for a cooler that is $90, and receiving this..

God bless.  That's no bueno.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

17 minutes ago, hitalio1 said:

Im returning it to the guys that imported it from the USA, so that the can change it for another one. The second image is just minor, i could bend the fins back. But if you look closely at the first one, you can see the whole structure bent, the cpu socket no even aligned with the towers. 

I could run it like this, but imagine paying the equivalent of 200 dollars for a cooler that is $90, and receiving this..

understood...and would not be impressed with what was received...but even allowing for the obvious physical damage, I would've tried to see whether the unit was able to be fitted; satisfying my need to use my PC for a short time so it was not offline for too long a period in the 1 interval...

5 minutes ago, Pharr Carnell said:

understood...and would not be impressed with what was received...but even allowing for the obvious physical damage, I would've tried to see whether the unit was able to be fitted; satisfying my need to use my PC for a short time so it was not offline for too long a period in the 1 interval...

I would have tried fitting it but i am returning as soon as possible (tomorrow) so that they can send it to the USA and back here and have this matter solved.

In the meantime i am really taking advantage of my free time studying for university.. so there is that

50 minutes ago, hitalio1 said:

I would have tried fitting it but i am returning as soon as possible (tomorrow) so that they can send it to the USA and back here and have this matter solved.

In the meantime i am really taking advantage of my free time studying for university.. so there is that

Do you have any way to get even something like a cheap stock cooler in the meantime? A computer at stock speed and voltage is better than a computer that can't be turned on.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Do you have any way to get even something like a cheap stock cooler in the meantime? A computer at stock speed and voltage is better than a computer that can't be turned on.

Yes, i am asking friend for a back up he has