DOUBLE your Laptop Battery Life - This Method Actually Works!

Gaming battery life on gaming laptops is usually pretty terrible. So how can you double your laptop battery life for gaming? We take a look at one option: using a mophie USB-C powerstation battery bank. 

Thanks to mophie for sponsoring this video! Check them out at https://lmg.gg/mophie2019
Buy mophie products on Amazon: https://lmg.gg/8KV3F

But having an external battery kind of defeats the purpose of increasing battery life.

If you have a Thinkpad you can bring around multiple external batteries and get literally days of battery life, but does that really count? External batteries are cheating imo

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

But having an external battery kind of defeats the purpose of increasing battery life.

If you have a Thinkpad you can bring around multiple external batteries and get literally days of battery life, but does that really count? External batteries are cheating imo

Well:

3 minutes ago, RILEYISMYNAME said:

Gaming battery life on gaming laptops is usually pretty terrible. So how can you double your laptop battery life for gaming? We take a look at one option: using a mophie USB-C powerstation battery bank. 

Gaming laptops are generally bulky and have their own bags, adding a battery won't be much bother and is a good idea if you like to play away from any wall sockets. 

Also yeah, that thinkpad with multiple external batteries is still a heck of a lot more portable than lugging around a desktop, keyboard, display, aaand even more batteries because it eats more power than the laptop. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

DOUBLE your Laptop Bag Weight - This Method Actually Works!

Linus Ad Tips

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

19 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Gaming laptops are generally bulky

The one in the thumbnail seems slim

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Now I finally know how to use a external battery.

1. You take one end of the cable and plug it into the battery.
  2. You take the other end of the cable and plug it into your device.

And all that information condensed into an 8 minute video. Amazing!

Today we learned that USB charging standards are still far from reliable nor standardized. Making the experience finicky and generally frustrating to use.

Can device makers, and the USB Implementers Forum make this just work.... At least Nvidia's ray tracing has consistent yay or nay support....

Though, most of the problem actually comes from USB-IF not implementing proper stands fast enough, and device makers just bodging a quick proprietary "fix" that generally ends up incompatible with other "standards". So, thanks I guess?

Not gonna lie, it has been a while since i've seen such a boring video from LTT.

Yea it's sponsored, but that's no excuse for making a boring and imo bad video.

Like, usually they try something whacky/unusual, but this time, big nope.

It feels like Mophie pulled the strings a bit too hard and limited LTT too much...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I mean, its cool that you're starting to get power banks that can power laptops, but seriously, only 45W? Thats the same as the latest note 10+ charger... Theres plenty out there that can do 60W and even 100W USB-C PD.

12 hours ago, sowon said:

Did I just watch 8 minutes of a powerbank getting plugged in?

How else would we learn? /s

Also, whoever wrote the title on YouTube, did you just now figure out that it's a showcase?

Forum:

image.png.785957d64eb0a974a806a9182e3ca516.png

YouTube: (after being edited)

image.png.ad2ccdf8634529ce9cd1f7cba1ec7fa5.png

Also, Also, three showcases in a week?

12 hours ago, 1atepizza said:

Have the past four videos all been sponsored ones?

This and two other, the c-force vid had normal sponsors.

Guess we're not the only ones who noticed.

Spoiler

image.png.dfd060bcc366a86fdf8b00ed73e1d148.png

13 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

I am gonna let you finish, but...

- snip -

...I guess I will use the method that can triple the battery life and "really works" plus "fore FREE", thank you!

LTT right now..

shooting-yourself-in-the-foot-300x200.jp

come on... really? wow look a battery bank provides power!!! amazing!!! here's a bunch of ads. 

She/Her

Seems like using it on an APU laptop is a better bet, since those are like 25W for the CPU and GPU. Plus AMD has Radeon Chill to drop the fps if no inputs are happening from the user.

Could also just look into a car jumper battery pack, that can just charge any old laptop, some even have full power outlets.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Miracle Nachos said:

Usually you have some people defending this kind of shilling in the comments, but this really is obnoxious.

For real? I'm pissed enough when it's an admitted showcase, but you actually went with that for the original title?

Seriously, screw whoever did this, they deserve a reprimand for that kind of bullshit.

This isn't the first time.. Linus already apologized for the first one, but this, along with the previous two vids, makes me question his sincerity..

One of the reasons I hate sponsored crap like this is that you absolutely fail to mention other solutions THAT WORK BETTER. Mophie isn't the only game in town!!! In fact, I would forget Mophie altogether for anything beyond casual use.

Bixpower will give you a 220WHr battery that you can parallel with up to three additional packs. That's 880WHrs or 241,000 mAh equivalent of juice that you can use to run any laptop that takes a 19V input. The packs can be car charged over 12V as well as AC and come with various tips to fit different brands of devices.

Bixpower will also give you a 96WHr battery that can power a Surface Go for 14 hours. In fact, they are the only ones to make an external battery with the special Surface power connector - trust me I have checked.

For something that you can carry around on a belt I have an Energizer XP8000. Barely bigger than a classic Blackberry this can charge a smartphone up 3-4 times and is great for when you need to enable mobile hotspot for a few hours. It can also charge a tablet, MP3 player, wireless mouse/trackball, smart watch and power a small USB fan. I've had mine for several years and the cells are still working great.

There are ways to DIY your own power solution as well using 18650's and make your own modular RGB power brick using 3D printed parts. There's a good video on YouTube showing exactly this.

Finally, if you are mad enough, you can get one of those huge rolling pelican cases and make your own solar generator complete with PSW inverter. But because everyone has two hands, you COULD drag along a second LOL At 5KW each, you would have enough juice to power a small house for 12-24 hours.

How much do sponsors normally pay for something like this?

44 minutes ago, Ein0r said:

How much do sponsors normally pay for something like this?

not enough lol

3 hours ago, Luscious said:

One of the reasons I hate sponsored crap like this is that you absolutely fail to mention other solutions THAT WORK BETTER. Mophie isn't the only game in town!!! In fact, I would forget Mophie altogether for anything beyond casual use.

Yup. I use batteries all the time for work (Digital Tech in the Photography/Advertising world) and yeah, Bixpower, Hyperjuice, Yeti, and a few other options are out there (sizes vary) that will actually power a laptop going full tilt. I use little guys similar to mophie's to power usb hubs or hard drives but outside of that, there are much better solutions out there.

Edited by kenkenman
Added another brand of battery

spoiler, plugging in a power source to your laptop will prolong it's battery life... HOLY SHIT

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

This isn't the first time.. Linus already apologized for the first one, but this, along with the previous two vids, makes me question his sincerity..

His apologies are really starting to get repetitive. I don't believe these are mistakes anymore. He's just not trustworthy.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440