Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Halo007

New PC vs Dell 7010

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

hi there .. this is my first topic here in the forum so i hope you guys can help me solve this dilemma . 
right now i have a pc : i3-2100 / 4gb ram 1333 / h61m-s2p v2.0 / HD 6450 1 gb ddr3 .. so i wanted to upgrade it but all the sellers in my country don't sell used or old pc parts 
just OEM like dell - hp and so on .
so i decided to buy a dell optiplex 7010 MT (i5 3570 - 16 gb ram 1600 ) - new 1tb hdd - new gtx 1050 for a total of 340 $ 
but later on i found out that build a new pc for about 365 $ which is :
ryzen 3 2200g - 16 gb ram 3000 - 1 tb hdd - msi b450 pro - vdh - plus and any case and power supply since the ryzen doesn't consume too much power .
my main goal is only gaming on 1366*768 and sometimes on my tv monitor which is 1080p 
hope you can see my post and help . thanx in advance?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, upgrading your current board with an i7 2600, more RAM, a new PSU and GPU may be the best option

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
47 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

Ryzen build would obviously have the RAM advantage and a CPU advantage, but the 7010 would have a considerably better (albeit not the best bang for buck) GPU.

and that's what makes me go nuts .. but at 768p can i sacrifice the gtx 1050 and stick with vega 8 and have at most 30 - 40 fps low- medium settings for AAA games released this year ? 

47 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Honestly, upgrading your current board with an i7 2600, more RAM, a new PSU and GPU may be the best option

my board can be upgraded up to i7 3770 according to gigabyte cpu support but the greedy sellers won't sell cpu alone .. if you want it you have to buy the entire case. that's their code sadly to gain more profit .

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm rocking an almost identical system (half the ram) and I have had a blast with most games.
I have a very light oc of 1550mhz on my 1050 and it's trucking along nicely, I imagine with a beefier psu and better case exhaust fan, I'd be willing to push it higher.


I can't seem to avoid making myself seem like I have the equivalent intellect of half a brick.
Dude, I game on a Dell! 

Spoiler

Dell Optiplex 7010 mt
--mobo= Dell 0GY6Y8--cpu= Intel Core i5-3570 3.40 ghz--ram= 8gb generic Samsung DDR3--gpu= Gigabyte Nvidia GTX1050 2gb 1540mhz oc--hdd= Western Digital Scorpio Blue 1tb 7200rpm--monitor= Element LCD hdtv 1080p--OS= Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Still a Dell, but portable.

Spoiler

Dell Latitude E6510
--cpu= Intel Core i7 640m 2.4ghz--ram= 4gb DDR3 unknown brand...hmmmmm--hdd= 500gb WD Scorpio Black--display= 60hz 1080p built in--OS= Linux Ubuntu 16.04lts 64bit

Dude, why does this Dell still function?!

Spoiler

Dell Optiplex 980 sff
--mobo= Dell OEM for 980 sff--cpu= Intel Core i5 660 3.2ghz--ram= 8gb Samsung DDR3--gpu= Asus Radeon HD6570 1gb 800mhz oc--hdd= WD Scorpio Blue 500gb--OS= Windows 10 Pro 64bit    

!System not in use, possible psu failure immanent!

Wait, these aren't pc's!

Spoiler

2x Xbox One SPlaystation 4Playstation 2, Wii U3DS XLNintendo 64

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
19 minutes ago, wolfmcbeard said:

I'm rocking an almost identical system (half the ram) and I have had a blast with most games.
I have a very light oc of 1550mhz on my 1050 and it's trucking along nicely, I imagine with a beefier psu and better case exhaust fan, I'd be willing to push it higher.

that's awesome .. can you tell me the min fps you get at AAA games and your display @1080p or lower ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Halo007 said:

and that's what makes me go nuts .. but at 768p can i sacrifice the gtx 1050 and stick with vega 8 and have at most 30 - 40 fps low- medium settings for AAA games released this year ? 

my board can be upgraded up to i7 3770 according to gigabyte cpu support but the greedy sellers won't sell cpu alone .. if you want it you have to buy the entire case. that's their code sadly to gain more profit .

Probably. Been a hot minute since I've looked at benchmarks of the 2200G but I recall it being up to the task for 720p. Just wouldn't make sense to go that route if it's similar in price to the 1050 setup, even though its price is too high to be sensible.

 

I would really suggest taking a look at 1650's though. Depending where you are and how you can purchase them you might actually get a better deal (here in the US I could actually get the cheapest 1650 for 10 dollars less than the cheapest 1050.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
20 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

Probably. Been a hot minute since I've looked at benchmarks of the 2200G but I recall it being up to the task for 720p. Just wouldn't make sense to go that route if it's similar in price to the 1050 setup, even though its price is too high to be sensible.

 

I would really suggest taking a look at 1650's though. Depending where you are and how you can purchase them you might actually get a better deal (here in the US I could actually get the cheapest 1650 for 10 dollars less than the cheapest 1050.

tell me about it :(
you know the cheapest gtx 1650 here is the MSi 
VENTUS XS 4GB costs about 205 Us dollars .crazy ! i know 
our PC market right now is filled with used rx 470 around 100 dollars but the problem is all of them has been used to death in mining so yes i can get one and play with it for a couple of weeks maybe months then die out of sudden so i passed the option .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Halo007 said:

tell me about it :(
you know the cheapest gtx 1650 here is the MSi 
VENTUS XS 4GB costs about 205 Us dollars .crazy ! i know 
our PC market right now is filled with used rx 470 around 100 dollars but the problem is all of them has been used to death in mining so yes i can get one and play with it for a couple of weeks maybe months then die out of sudden so i passed the option .

 

Sheesh. Remind me to not leave North America so I don't get reamed by idiotic price inflation.

 

Getting that bit of context though doesn't make the the 1050 sound quite as bad. Probably the lesser of the two evils in all honesty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
35 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

Sheesh. Remind me to not leave North America so I don't get reamed by idiotic price inflation.?

 

Getting that bit of context though doesn't make the the 1050 sound quite as bad. Probably the lesser of the two evils in all honesty.

i'm actually leaning for the dell 7010 system for 3 reasons :
1- the GPU like you said even though its less powerful than gtx 1650 for example but it will get the job done at 768p and mid 1080p 
2- most AAA games right now doesn't require more than 4 cores except for AC origins or BF V so i will be safe for at least 3-4 years.
3- and at last i can install windows 7 as mush as i can because i HATE windows 10. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Halo007 said:

that's awesome .. can you tell me the min fps you get at AAA games and your display @1080p or lower ?

I run all games at 1080p (native res) and tweak settings from there, though most of my AAA library isn't all that new.

NMS runs on a med-low mix though from what I understand that game has some performance issues in the first place even on consoles so I typically get 35 to 80 fps.

Skyrim I do mixed high-med with med-high LOD settings and I get a buttery 60 with a drop of three or four frames once in a while though I can still get playable fps in most areas on ultra.

BeamNG.Drive isn't all that new or even full release but it is very cpu heavy, I can usually spawn four cars at once, seven or more cars tank the fps though.

Fallout 4 is ify, weird performance, sometimes it's a smooth 60 and then I go to Diamond City and see drops in the 10's

Fallout 3 and NV default to ultra and I haven't seen any performance issues.

ES Oblivion also defaults to ultra and is the same story as Fallout 3/NV.

Black Mesa (Half-Life's unofficial remaster) can get intense in some spots but it's a Source engine game so it'll "run" on a lot of hardware though with tweaking, I've got most of the settings maxed except for dynamic shadows and water reflections both on med with and average fps of 50-60.


I can't seem to avoid making myself seem like I have the equivalent intellect of half a brick.
Dude, I game on a Dell! 

Spoiler

Dell Optiplex 7010 mt
--mobo= Dell 0GY6Y8--cpu= Intel Core i5-3570 3.40 ghz--ram= 8gb generic Samsung DDR3--gpu= Gigabyte Nvidia GTX1050 2gb 1540mhz oc--hdd= Western Digital Scorpio Blue 1tb 7200rpm--monitor= Element LCD hdtv 1080p--OS= Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Still a Dell, but portable.

Spoiler

Dell Latitude E6510
--cpu= Intel Core i7 640m 2.4ghz--ram= 4gb DDR3 unknown brand...hmmmmm--hdd= 500gb WD Scorpio Black--display= 60hz 1080p built in--OS= Linux Ubuntu 16.04lts 64bit

Dude, why does this Dell still function?!

Spoiler

Dell Optiplex 980 sff
--mobo= Dell OEM for 980 sff--cpu= Intel Core i5 660 3.2ghz--ram= 8gb Samsung DDR3--gpu= Asus Radeon HD6570 1gb 800mhz oc--hdd= WD Scorpio Blue 500gb--OS= Windows 10 Pro 64bit    

!System not in use, possible psu failure immanent!

Wait, these aren't pc's!

Spoiler

2x Xbox One SPlaystation 4Playstation 2, Wii U3DS XLNintendo 64

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×