Weird smell from PC

kirbydude47

(Not sure if this is the right category for this) but I got my new PC build and there seems to be a weird smell coming from the back fan, it kinda smells like new shoes or burning plastic/rubber. Is this a bad sign, could there be something burning inside or is it a normal smell for new pc that goes away in a few days. I checked the temps for all parts and nothing is over 50 degrees Celsius when idle

no nothing inside should smell of burning, turn it all off and make sure you didn't damage or destroy anything

Try to isolate where the smell is coming from, if it is just that one fan I would remove it because smells of burning rubber or plastic are never good

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

41 minutes ago, kirbydude47 said:

Weird smell from PC

Is your PC.....a piece of crap? ?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I think I isolated the smell, it seems to be coming from the front 2 fans that were included with the case, when I took the cover off the smell was gone from the rear fan, now it smells like fresh plastic or something

5 hours ago, AdvancedMicroDisapointment said:

Try to isolate where the smell is coming from, if it is just that one fan I would remove it because smells of burning rubber or plastic are never good

Since I opened the cover it now smells like fresh plastic from the front fans